Where to find motherboard T-Sensor output (Asus Prime X470-Pro)

Artur Noole

Hi,

I have ASUS Prime x470 Pro Motherboard. I just finished custom loop and was setting up water temperature sensor. I connected the 2-pin sensor to MB T-sensor connector. I can see the value from BIOS and from ASUS AI Suite III but when I check with AIDA64 Extreame that temperature sensor value is not displayed. I can only see my CPU, GPU , MB and 3 drive temperatures. The reason I would like to monitor this with AIDA64 is to display it in SensorPanel.

16 hours ago, Artur Noole said:

Hi,

I have ASUS Prime x470 Pro Motherboard. I just finished custom loop and was setting up water temperature sensor. I connected the 2-pin sensor to MB T-sensor connector. I can see the value from BIOS and from ASUS AI Suite III but when I check with AIDA64 Extreame that temperature sensor value is not displayed. I can only see my CPU, GPU , MB and 3 drive temperatures. The reason I would like to monitor this with AIDA64 is to display it in SensorPanel.

On your motherboard T_Sensor should be listed as Temperature #1.

Well my problem is that AIDA64 only gives me one temperature value for Motherboard (not the T-sensor). When I go to Asus AI Suite 3 or BIOS I can see both the Motherboard temperatue and T-sensor temperature reported separately. I am wondering why is AIDA64 not picking up the T-senor data. I have the latest version of AIDA64 installed.

4 hours ago, Artur Noole said:

Well my problem is that AIDA64 only gives me one temperature value for Motherboard (not the T-sensor). When I go to Asus AI Suite 3 or BIOS I can see both the Motherboard temperatue and T-sensor temperature reported separately. I am wondering why is AIDA64 not picking up the T-senor data. I have the latest version of AIDA64 installed.

Please post a screenshot of the Computer / Sensor page of AIDA64.

Also right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> ISA Sensor Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Thanks,
Fiery

On 10/15/2019 at 10:07 PM, Artur Noole said:

Ok, made the screenshot and recorded the debug data. I am really novice at this but I also quickly looked through the sensor dump and it does seem like my T-sensor is listed in there. 

isasensordump.txt 16.04 kB · 2 downloads

Thank you.  It means your motherboard BIOS fails to provide the T_Sensor thermal reading (as well as the Chipset temperature reading for that matter) due to a BIOS bug.

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 5:24 PM, Artur Noole said:

Ok, I can understand that but how come ASUS AI Suite 3 is able to get that data? Just because it is Asus own program and I have Asus motherboard? 

So  I can only hope that some future BIOS version will correct this (I have the latest BIOS installed)?

I don't think Asus' own monitoring tool uses their own ACPI WMI interface simply because it's still not mature.  Your case is just one example where it has a glitch.

A future BIOS update is the only way to fix this up.