Determine soldered ram vs removable sticks.

Jeppe

2 minutes ago, Novius said:

Hello, 

Is there a way to tell if in a laptop, a ram stick is soldered to the motherboard, or removable via the reports generated by AIDA? 

image.thumb.png.1c3a0c9adbca0314dc27cb180a6a398f.png

Best regards 

Novius 

It's not something that can be easily detected I'm afraid.  Usually, if you can see SPD information properly displayed for a certain memory module on the Motherboard / SPD page of AIDA64, it means it's a removable memory module.  But, the lack of SPD information doesn't necesserily mean that it can be removed :)  On some machines the memory module details on the Computer / DMI page could provide you with proper guidelines, but since DMI information in general is not 100% reliable, it's again not something you can trust 100%.

Okay. 

Would it be possible to assume, that if one of two sticks are soldered to the motherboard, it would always be the one showing up in DRAM Slot#1 that is the soldered one, and DRAM2 is the removable one. 
With reservation for models where my company knows DRAM2 is also possible soldered to the motherboard? 

5 hours ago, Novius said:

Okay. 

Would it be possible to assume, that if one of two sticks are soldered to the motherboard, it would always be the one showing up in DRAM Slot#1 that is the soldered one, and DRAM2 is the removable one. 
With reservation for models where my company knows DRAM2 is also possible soldered to the motherboard? 

I'm not sure if you can always assume that.