System Stability Test (Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Pro WiFi + 256GB DDR4)

I just finished a new build and ran a stability test.  My setup is 

AORUS TRX40 PRO WIFI

AMD 3970x

corsair 8x32GB LP ram w/XMP enabled 

The moment I hit start on the test my computer would not respond I was forced to power down manually to stop the test.

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 4:34 PM, Cpstar said:

I just finished a new build and ran a stability test.  My setup is 

AORUS TRX40 PRO WIFI

AMD 3970x

corsair 8x32GB LP ram w/XMP enabled 

The moment I hit start on the test my computer would not respond I was forced to power down manually to stop the test.

Try to wait a minute or two in case you have the RAM (System memory) subtest enabled in the AIDA64 System Stability Test.  When you have that subtest enabled, AIDA64 will allocate almost the entire physical memory using standard Windows API memory manegement calls.  However, those calls could stall Windows when there's a large amount of system memory to allocate (over 64 GigaBytes).

• 5 months later...

I just saw the temperature skyrocket and then locked up. It had been in that state for awhile before I gave up and powered down. I didn’t keep track of what subtests were triggered.  Moving forward is there a better way for me to isolate this problem. One subtest at time ? 

update. I ran the stress CPU subtest only. I stopped it after 11 min. Temp stayed right around 67C. So that's good I guess my CPU is fine. 

I'm wondering 1) what I should do next (which test)? 2) if not the CPU what can cause the TEMP to shoot up and lock the computer instantaneously?

Ok so the culprit has been found. If I run the SST with only the system memory it runs for about 5 seconds then the application doesn't respond anymore. I have to reboot the system. So now I'm wondering what adjustments can I make to fix this. I'm running 8x32(256gb) of corsair 3000 and I believe I enabled XMP

I also noticed that when I reassembled the computer and switched coolers the bios was reset and the memory went back to 2133MHz. So I just enambled xMP and it’s back at 3000mhz. Time to test again. Not sure if that’s a big deal 

ok no luck. After changing to XMP the memory speed increased to 3000mhz but it didnt resolve the system memory test crashing.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2020 at 5:46 AM, Cpstar said:

I also noticed that when I reassembled the computer and switched coolers the bios was reset and the memory went back to 2133MHz. So I just enambled xMP and it’s back at 3000mhz. Time to test again. Not sure if that’s a big deal 

ok no luck. After changing to XMP the memory speed increased to 3000mhz but it didnt resolve the system memory test crashing.

Try to wait 5 minutes after starting the memory stress test due to the slow memory allocation by the Windows kernel I've explained above.