iPad 2 via ARX and via Remote Sensor LCD

ZC.Sulima

Hello all!

I have dug up my old iPad 2 and started playing with both ARX and the LCD functions of AIDA64.  I have three questions:

1. What do I need to do to make ARX work with this iPad?  I tried a lot of different things, but I can't seem to make it work.  I tried to use both the Logitech Ghub and Gaming Software (either latest version) but no joy.  I can't seem to communicate with the iPad at all.  I know from reading the forums that ARX seems is a bit touchy, but I also know that some folks were able to make it work.  I would like to USE ARX since my understanding is it works in the full screen mode, and that it has some other advantages over iOS browser (of which I am not 100% clear on).
  2. What would be a good iOS browser to use on the iPad?  I am mostly interested in one that offers full-screen mode, and one that is stable.  I do not need bells and whistles on it at all, since I am planning on dedicating the iPad to this function and there is not need for fancy internet browsing.  So far I was able to identify one (called Full Screen Web Browser by Ankur Diora), but it is not exactly full-screen, and is seems to freeze every so often.
  3. What exactly are the advantages of using ARX over an iOS browser?

Whoever picks up these questions, thank you very much!

-zc-

11 hours ago, ZC.Sulima said:

Hello all!

I have dug up my old iPad 2 and started playing with both ARX and the LCD functions of AIDA64.  I have three questions:

1. What do I need to do to make ARX work with this iPad?  I tried a lot of different things, but I can't seem to make it work.  I tried to use both the Logitech Ghub and Gaming Software (either latest version) but no joy.  I can't seem to communicate with the iPad at all.  I know from reading the forums that ARX seems is a bit touchy, but I also know that some folks were able to make it work.  I would like to USE ARX since my understanding is it works in the full screen mode, and that it has some other advantages over iOS browser (of which I am not 100% clear on).
  2. What would be a good iOS browser to use on the iPad?  I am mostly interested in one that offers full-screen mode, and one that is stable.  I do not need bells and whistles on it at all, since I am planning on dedicating the iPad to this function and there is not need for fancy internet browsing.  So far I was able to identify one (called Full Screen Web Browser by Ankur Diora), but it is not exactly full-screen, and is seems to freeze every so often.
  3. What exactly are the advantages of using ARX over an iOS browser?

Whoever picks up these questions, thank you very much!

-zc-

1) Have you installed the Arx Controll app from the AppStore?  If yes, then does it recognize your PC where you have the Logitech Gaming Software installed?

2) I don't think there's a perfect iOS web browser that supports full-screen mode.  Truth be told, we never tried to shop around for such a browser, so it's mostly feedbacks from AIDA64 customers.

3) The one major advantage of Arx over browsers is that it does support full-screen mode.

2 hours ago, Fiery said:

1) Have you installed the Arx Controll app from the AppStore?  If yes, then does it recognize your PC where you have the Logitech Gaming Software installed?

2) I don't think there's a perfect iOS web browser that supports full-screen mode.  Truth be told, we never tried to shop around for such a browser, so it's mostly feedbacks from AIDA64 customers.

3) The one major advantage of Arx over browsers is that it does support full-screen mode.

Fiery,

Thank you for your time!  Much appreciated!

1. I installed the Arx Control app on my iPad from Apple's App Store, and yes, it communicates with the computer.  I can see my games and PC Stats from within the Arx Control software, but that's about it.
  2. I will continue the search.  I will let you know if I find one.
  3. Full-screen is exactly what I am after.

Thanks again, and CHEERS!

-zc-

1 hour ago, ZC.Sulima said:

Fiery,

Thank you for your time!  Much appreciated!

1. I installed the Arx Control app on my iPad from Apple's App Store, and yes, it communicates with the computer.  I can see my games and PC Stats from within the Arx Control software, but that's about it.
  2. I will continue the search.  I will let you know if I find one.
  3. Full-screen is exactly what I am after.

Thanks again, and CHEERS!

-zc-

When the Arx app is running on your iPad and you enable Arx LCD in AIDA64, on the iPad nothing changes and nothing happens?  While AIDA64 says "init OK" ?

4 hours ago, Fiery said:

When the Arx app is running on your iPad and you enable Arx LCD in AIDA64, on the iPad nothing changes and nothing happens?  While AIDA64 says "init OK" ?

Right.  I can see Logitech's PC Stats and the games I have on my computer, but there is no AIDA Applet.  And, BTW, AIDA says "Arx Init OK (DLL Version 9.02.65)".

Task Manager shows the following Logitech processes running:

LGHUB (2 instances)

LGHUB Agent

LGHUB Updater

Logitech Gaming Framework

Logitech Surround Sound Service

-zc-

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 6:27 PM, ZC.Sulima said:

Right.  I can see Logitech's PC Stats and the games I have on my computer, but there is no AIDA Applet.  And, BTW, AIDA says "Arx Init OK (DLL Version 9.02.65)".

Task Manager shows the following Logitech processes running:

LGHUB (2 instances)

LGHUB Agent

LGHUB Updater

Logitech Gaming Framework

Logitech Surround Sound Service

-zc-

We've checked it with an iPad 2 and it works fine for us.  In the Arx Control app (on the iPad) you need to swipe up on the bottom of the screen (where a tiny "up" arrow or upside-down "v" is shown) to get to the list of applets.  In that list you should be able to find AIDA64.

7 hours ago, Fiery said:

We've checked it with an iPad 2 and it works fine for us.  In the Arx Control app (on the iPad) you need to swipe up on the bottom of the screen (where a tiny "up" arrow or upside-down "v" is shown) to get to the list of applets.  In that list you should be able to find AIDA64.

This is good to know.  I did all that, but no cigars.

Should I be using LGS or Logitech G HUB?  Currently I have both installed, and I can see processes labeled LGS and LGHUB running on the PC.

When you did you test, which one did you use?

-zc-

This is good to know.  I did all that, but no cigars.

Should I be using LGS or Logitech G HUB?  Currently I have both installed, and I can see processes labeled LGS and LGHUB running on the PC.

When you did you test, which one did you use?

-zc-

I used Logitech Gaming Software.  Quite frankly, I never even tried G Hub.

On 3/22/2020 at 4:34 AM, Fiery said:

I used Logitech Gaming Software.  Quite frankly, I never even tried G Hub.

Good God!  This Logitech "suite" of software is so incredibly poorly written, and I do not think it was QA'd at all.  I managed to make it work once.  Then it went away and decided not to come back.

Which version of LGS did you use?

-ZC-

Good God!  This Logitech "suite" of software is so incredibly poorly written, and I do not think it was QA'd at all.  I managed to make it work once.  Then it went away and decided not to come back.

Which version of LGS did you use?

-ZC-

Version 9.02.65.