Asus Sabertooth 990FX temperature monitoring

KockBurn

Has there been any progress getting Aida to show NB and PCI E temps for this board? It wasn't able to without having Asus thermal radar installed and it's services running. I've been watching the beta release notes and have seen sensor specific updates for the M5A series as well as some Gigabyte boards. How about the Sabertooth 990fx?

I'm afraid it's still the same issue. We've contacted Asus and requested permissions to gain access to their Thermal Radar programming manuals, but they're reluctant to provide such documentation to other companies. So we still have no documentation on the Thermal Radar hardware, and we cannot figure it out on our own :(

If someone can explain how to activate the special Thermal Radar temperature readings without installing Asus Thermal Radar software, we would be glad to implement that in AIDA64.

Regards,

Fiery

• 6 months later...

We've finally been able to figure out how to enable the special Thermal Radar temperatures on Asus Sabertooth 990FX and Sabertooth P67 motherboards. Make sure to upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild1954ghbsmz4c8kzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.

Thanks,

Fiery

Great news. Glad I checked the forum tonight. I'll remove thermal radar, upgrade Aida and post back tomorrow.Thermal radar has been giving me errors and is always reporting my fan speeds to low which then sends popups. I'll be happy to rid myself of it. Thanks Fiery.

Great news. Glad I checked the forum tonight. I'll remove thermal radar, upgrade Aida and post back tomorrow.Thermal radar has been giving me errors and is always reporting my fan speeds to low which then sends popups. I'll be happy to rid myself of it. Thanks Fiery.

Please note that you need to completely power off your system (it's best to switch off the PSU for 2 minutes after shutting down the computer) to get the Thermal Radar hardware back to factory defaults.

Great work. I was due for a fresh install of windows 7, and Im happy to say Aida64 is now monitoring my NB temps as well as Pci-e Ram slots and USB. Only thing i noticed is that I now have a temperature 1 and temperature 2 they dont seem to correpsond to anything that thermal Radar was showing before but they are only 35 so no big deal. Also before and after this I had been noticing if I used Aida64 I would sometimes get a warning in the event viewer : Event 15 ACPI The embedded controller returned data when non was requested... Wonder if this I a Bios issue or Aida64 but its working great and rarely throws the warning. Thanks!!

Thank you for the feedback ;) Temperature #1 is what Thermal Radar calls "VCORE-1" temperature, whereas Temperature #2 is what Thermal Radar calls "VCORE-2" temperature. As for the EC warning in the Event Log, it's just Windows ACPIEC driver that sometimes catches AIDA64 EC register readout. It's nothing serious, just a warning ;)

Got up this morning and turned comp on, Noticed that NB temp and other temps that relied on thermal radar have once again locked themselves and are no longer being monitored properly. Its cold in my basement so first start up of the day NB is usually 25c or so and increases to 32c. From cold Boot temp was 31c so I fired up BF3 that always brings my NB temps up to 40c - 45c. Sadly temp is locked again. I will shut down and power off PSU and try again later to see if that works.

Powered off Comp and PSU and it seems to be working again

We've tested that, but on our Sabertooth 990FX test system all Thermal Radar-related temperatures change, following system load. I'm not sure what could get the temperatures stuck, but if you can find out, please let us know in this topic.

We've tested that, but on our Sabertooth 990FX test system all Thermal Radar-related temperatures change, following system load. I'm not sure what could get the temperatures stuck, but if you can find out, please let us know in this topic.

Have you had thermal radar running on that setup? Ive noticed in the past that unistallin thermal radar still leaves the files behind and some of the monitoring services continue to run after unistall of thermal radar(Asus Garbage). Just wondering if the diffrence is fresh install, Ive rebooted a few times today and I see my NB is stuck at 40c after playing BF3 and rebooting.

Here are a couple pix of logs from after my 1st post today when I powered off the PSU as per directions for getting Aida64 to monitor temps right after install. Its working great after power down and PSU off

aidanb1.jpg

aidanb.jpg

aidanb2.jpg

These are after a reboot because I changed my SLI config for DiRT Showdown and its locked my NB @ 35c again after a reboot

aida35.jpg

aida352.jpg

In these last 2 pix you can see my Cpu and Video cards lowering in temp, Im at a total loss to figure this out, Ill keep trying but as for now PSU power down is required for me to get these temps monitored, it really shouldnt be this way on a fresh install thats why I was asking about having thermal radar installed on your test system, for my system it left all kinds of files behind along with 3 running services, not to mention I performed a unistall of it cleaned my REG and went on a hunt for any lingering files. It still persisted on my system even though it looked like it was totally removed and I only had thermal radar installed out of all the other crap AI Suite offers. In the end I guess clicking a switch on my PSU until isnt such a big deal to keep that junk off my system.

Looks like I need to change my polling so it isnt logging every 5 seconds lol thats probably a little excessive, and thanks for your quick replies!

We'll do some more tests with reboots, and also check if there are any remaining services after AI Suite II uninstall. Please note that PSU power off is only required if you want to reset the Thermal Radar hardware to factory defaults. In normal use it wouldn't matter what state it's in, since now AIDA64 is supposed to handle it well in both states (state #1 is AI Suite II not installed; state #2 is AI Suite II installed).

BTW, do you use the latest Sabertooth 990FX BIOS?

Yep I'm using 1102. With the new Aida64 I dont understand why I'd have to reset thermal radar by powering off PSU, but for now its a workaround I can use and once I'm up and running I dont usually reboot unless I've installed something or have made system changes that require it. Thanks again I really appreciate all your help and quick replies!

We've improved the Thermal Radar logic initialization in AIDA64. Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild1957z0xbm6hgklzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works ;)

Tested it out on my system and its working for me :D . Did a few reboots without powering off PSU and played some games in between those reboots to get my NB nice and warm all temps are now monitored for me without having to power off PSU between reboots. Thanks Fiery!!!