AIDA update download speed is awful. 85Kbs, is silly.

HeavyHemi

This happens all too frequently. I have a 50Mb connection. Everything else is working fine. The main annoyance this causes is you cannot shut down the program while it is trying to download an update. You might as well get rid of the red X to close the Window, because, as I am sure you are aware, it does nothing. So  you have to force quit with task manager. In this day and age, this is utterly incompetent coding. And please do something about your download server. It is, crap.

13 hours ago, HeavyHemi said:

This happens all too frequently. I have a 50Mb connection. Everything else is working fine. The main annoyance this causes is you cannot shut down the program while it is trying to download an update. You might as well get rid of the red X to close the Window, because, as I am sure you are aware, it does nothing. So  you have to force quit with task manager. In this day and age, this is utterly incompetent coding. And please do something about your download server. It is, crap.

That's really a low download speed, I'm sorry about that.  It tends to happen only in the first 24 hours after we release a new stable update.  Our servers have good internet connection, but when everyone (in virtually the same time) gets notified about the release, our servers get over 5000 concurrent download sessions and https queries at every given moment.  So whatever bandwidth the servers could provide, has to be shared between all those folks hungry for getting their AIDA64 update :)  By now it should be back to normal, which means at least 10 times faster than your quoted download rate.

You can use the Stop button on the toolbar of the NetUpdate window to cancel the download of the update package.  Then you can close the window gracefully.