SensorPanel: beginner questions

ronzino

I am considering the possibility to start using sensorPanel, moving my actual monitoring setup (another sofwtare) to it. but I have several questions before starting (starting means buying the display, so before i start, i would like to solve some doubts)

Let consider an external lcd connected with HDMI (so windows recognize it as a monitor) and touch screen enabled on it

1) Is it worth to have a touch screen as panel ?

2) I have never tried so sorry for this question: will be win10 capble to manage a normal monitor 4k HDR (YCbCr 4:2:2) and a second monitor 1024x600 (or whatever) (8 bit RGB) ? I wonder if two color space HDR YCbCr and RGB can be used at the same time

3) I have never tried so sorry for this question: will be win 10 capable to manage a monitor with a touch screen and the other without ? I wonder how Win10 can recognize in which of the two monitor the touch happened

3) As Win10 will recognize the LCD as a second monitor, there is a way to avoid that the mouse goes there and totally reserve this monitor to SensorPanel?

4) I was not able to find a way to use multiple page layout in sensorPanal. Instead, i have seen on internet that this feature is supported by Aida64 LCD. Is it possibile to have multiple monitoring pages in sensorPanel ?

5) What is useful for the "Url" in labels and images ? I mean, when I duoble click on it, ok it will open the web url: is it simply this, or may it be used in other ways, like multi-pages linking ?

EDIT:

6) I have seen that there is another possibility for multipages: the remoteSensor. Apart from the fact that self-point to localhost with an always updating browser or a device (android) always pooling from wifi, are possibilities that I don't like that much (system and wifi resource consumption)...the question is: why don't you implement in aida64 web server the page management such ashttp://localhost/page1.htm http://localhost/page2.htm and so on ? duing this we can point them through a web url in a static text/image and click them with a touchscreen. this will avoid to use server-side keyboard shortcuts. Is it possibile (or even already implement in another way have not I understood ? )

• ronzino changed the title to SensorPanel: beginner questions
On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 4:11 PM, ronzino said:

I am considering the possibility to start using sensorPanel, moving my actual monitoring setup (another sofwtare) to it. but I have several questions before starting (starting means buying the display, so before i start, i would like to solve some doubts)

Let consider an external lcd connected with HDMI (so windows recognize it as a monitor) and touch screen enabled on it

1) Is it worth to have a touch screen as panel ?

2) I have never tried so sorry for this question: will be win10 capble to manage a normal monitor 4k HDR (YCbCr 4:2:2) and a second monitor 1024x600 (or whatever) (8 bit RGB) ? I wonder if two color space HDR YCbCr and RGB can be used at the same time

3) I have never tried so sorry for this question: will be win 10 capable to manage a monitor with a touch screen and the other without ? I wonder how Win10 can recognize in which of the two monitor the touch happened

3) As Win10 will recognize the LCD as a second monitor, there is a way to avoid that the mouse goes there and totally reserve this monitor to SensorPanel?

4) I was not able to find a way to use multiple page layout in sensorPanal. Instead, i have seen on internet that this feature is supported by Aida64 LCD. Is it possibile to have multiple monitoring pages in sensorPanel ?

5) What is useful for the "Url" in labels and images ? I mean, when I duoble click on it, ok it will open the web url: is it simply this, or may it be used in other ways, like multi-pages linking ?

EDIT:

6) I have seen that there is another possibility for multipages: the remoteSensor. Apart from the fact that self-point to localhost with an always updating browser or a device (android) always pooling from wifi, are possibilities that I don't like that much (system and wifi resource consumption)...the question is: why don't you implement in aida64 web server the page management such ashttp://localhost/page1.htm http://localhost/page2.htm and so on ? duing this we can point them through a web url in a static text/image and click them with a touchscreen. this will avoid to use server-side keyboard shortcuts. Is it possibile (or even already implement in another way have not I understood ? )

1) Not really.  With AIDA64 you can put shortcuts on labels and images, but I don't think it's really all that useful when it comes to hardware monitoring.

2) Win10 does support handling multiple displays independently, in terms of resolution and dpi, but I never tried to deal with colour space or HDR, so don't really know a definitive answer for this.

3) It should be able to, but I never tried it.

3/b) (Mouse) AFAIK it's not possible to avoid that.

4) No, there's only a single page supported by the SensorPanel, and you cannot use multiple SensorPanels.

5) See my answer for #1 ;)

6) Quite frankly, we don't really want to overcomplicate the already quite complicated LCD and SensorPanel modules.  There're several ways you can monitor your system parameters using AIDA64, and it's possible to combine multiple features in the same time.  E.g. you can use the SensorPanel and the External LCD module to have basically 2 or 3 (or even more) pages of information displayed.  With the LCD module you can use multiple devices too, so for example if you pick up a HDMI monitor, you can put SensorPanel on it.  If you pick up a cheap as chips Android tablet, it could be your second device with page #2 using RemoteSensor.  If you then pick up a BeadaPanel or another sorts of external LCD device, it could be your page #3 or even page #4 (since AIDA64 can handle two BeadaPanels in the same time).