kerneld.x64 can't be deleted

jay_zig

as i turned my pc on, aida64, will automatically start as usual. but earlier today, aida64 is just stuck on its startup window that says "measuring cpu speed". left my pc for a while thinking that the software might have some updates. but, almost 30mins, its still on the same window. i uninstalled the software, reinstall it, then another problem occurred, it cant be installed as there are remnant file that is still inside the drive that i must delete. i tried deleting it manually, and another problem came up.. i attached here the screenshot of the issue. it says that the kerneld.x64 is being used by other programs. it is really frustrating as i am spending so much time to resolve the issue to have aida64 up and running but i cant. anybody can help me with this.. thank you so much.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

On 6/6/2020 at 7:05 PM, jay_zig said:

as i turned my pc on, aida64, will automatically start as usual. but earlier today, aida64 is just stuck on its startup window that says "measuring cpu speed". left my pc for a while thinking that the software might have some updates. but, almost 30mins, its still on the same window. i uninstalled the software, reinstall it, then another problem occurred, it cant be installed as there are remnant file that is still inside the drive that i must delete. i tried deleting it manually, and another problem came up.. i attached here the screenshot of the issue. it says that the kerneld.x64 is being used by other programs. it is really frustrating as i am spending so much time to resolve the issue to have aida64 up and running but i cant. anybody can help me with this.. thank you so much.

I suppose what happened is that the AIDA64 kernel driver got stuck inside the Windows driver cache.  Try to uninstall AIDA64, scan for your HDD/SSD for any of its remaining executable files (AIDA64.EXE) and remove them in case there're some left over.  Restart Windows, and scan the HDD/SSD for KERNELD.X64 file, and remove them if there're any left over.  When you're done with it, everything should be back to normal and you should be able to reinstall AIDA64 properly.