Ryzen VDD/VDDNB voltages inverted

alxns

On 6/21/2020 at 4:24 PM, alxns said:

Hello,

As title suggests, VDD voltage (SVI2 TFN core sensor) and VDDNB voltage (SVI2 TFN SoC sensor) are inverted on my system.
Powers and currents are correct.

MB: MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Sensors page report attached.
Thanks!

sensors.htm 102.6 kB · 2 downloads

Thank you!  We will fix it in the next AIDA64 beta update.  I'll post a message into this topic once the new beta build is available for download.

BTW, not only the voltages but also the currents and powers are labelled incorrectly.  VDD <--> VDDNB is reversed on all Zen 2 CPU based systems right now.

13 hours ago, Fiery said:

Thank you!  We will fix it in the next AIDA64 beta update.  I'll post a message into this topic once the new beta build is available for download.

BTW, not only the voltages but also the currents and powers are labelled incorrectly.  VDD <--> VDDNB is reversed on all Zen 2 CPU based systems right now.

Hi Fiery, thanks for the support.

I just want to confirm that on my system, it is only the voltages that are incorrect, interestingly. If you look at the dump file I attached, currents and powers are correct (values effectively higher for VDD than for VDDNB, as it should be)

7 hours ago, alxns said:

Hi Fiery, thanks for the support.

I just want to confirm that on my system, it is only the voltages that are incorrect, interestingly. If you look at the dump file I attached, currents and powers are correct (values effectively higher for VDD than for VDDNB, as it should be)

The current and power values could be misleading since they require scaling.  The scaling constant are motherboard specific and not published at all, so AIDA64 uses a default value that may or may not be correct for your system.  You can use the Correction facility (AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / Correction) to scale the CPU VDD and CPU VDDNB currents and powers in a way that you deem would make them report more meaningful and more realistic values.  Sadly Ryzens implement such current/power telemetry logic that cannot provide an absolute Amper and Wattage measurement.

Ah yes I see what you mean. Looking at VDD power and Package power for instance, there is some discrepancy. So only CPU Package power should be accurate.

AIDA is a little behind for Ryzen! For example, DRAM:FSB should really be replaced by FCLK:UCLK:MEMCLK ratios (fabric, IMC and memory clocks). AFAIK, AIDA does not even show FCLK..?

Anyway, I'll make sure to update to the latest beta versions. Thanks Fiery!

On 6/24/2020 at 11:18 AM, alxns said:

AIDA is a little behind for Ryzen! For example, DRAM:FSB should really be replaced by FCLK:UCLK:MEMCLK ratios (fabric, IMC and memory clocks). AFAIK, AIDA does not even show FCLK..?

You're right, we need to work on FCLK.