Suggestions welcome: Small LCD for Hardware monitoring

-Vulture-

Hey guys!

Im hoping for some input regarding my question. I saw, AIDA64 is supporting a lot of different displays and interfaces. Now which one to choose? Heres some more input from me about what im looking for:

• [Mandatory] 5-8 inch LCD display
  • [Mandatory] only USB powered
  • [Mandatory] black frame design to match my case, if possible
  • [Optional] A flat, not too thick one
  • [Optional] small bezels if possible
  • [Optional] No buttons neccessary, i want to place it inside of my case.
  • [Optional] an internal USB connector to directly connect it to the motherboard

At the moment im using some Aquacomputer Vision OLEDs which are working fine. But i can already see some burn in and they are pretty small. Since theres no LCD coming from Aquacomputer anytime soon, im thinking about using AIDA64 to get my data on screen. I have 3 of those OLED on each of the drive bay covers, this is more or less the space i have available

I have attached a screenshot of the system with the OLEDs and their current placement for you to visualize.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Case.jpg

OLEDs.jpg

7 minutes ago, -Vulture- said:

Hey guys!

Im hoping for some input regarding my question. I saw, AIDA64 is supporting a lot of different displays and interfaces. Now which one to choose? Heres some more input from me about what im looking for:

• [Optional] an internal USB connector to directly connect it to the motherboard

At the moment im using some Aquacomputer Vision OLEDs which are working fine. But i can already see some burn in and they are pretty small. Since theres no LCD coming from Aquacomputer anytime soon, im thinking about using AIDA64 to get my data on screen. I have 3 of those OLED on each of the drive bay covers, this is more or less the space i have available

I have attached a screenshot of the system with the OLEDs and their current placement for you to visualize.

How about BeadaPanel? They have 5-inch and 7-inch screen as well now:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BeadaPanel-5-LCD-Display-USB-Single-Cable-Monitor-w-Touch-for-Raspberry-Pi-4B-/114107118418

Hm interesting, this whole BeadaPanel support is pretty new, so i guess it will be available for a while.

Looks good so far, a little black housing around it and it would also look nice.

Anything else you could suggest, maybe something similar with a black case? There are a lot of raspberry pi displays around on amazon, but i guess not all of them will work with AIDA64 out of the Box? Since BeadaPanel is also for Pi's...

EDIT: found this one: Matrix Orbital EVE2-50G, needs an additional USB-Kit for connection, but its available directly for order in germany and its supported by AIDA64. Would this one also be OK?

On 7/20/2020 at 3:12 PM, -Vulture- said:

Hm interesting, this whole BeadaPanel support is pretty new, so i guess it will be available for a while.

Looks good so far, a little black housing around it and it would also look nice.

Anything else you could suggest, maybe something similar with a black case? There are a lot of raspberry pi displays around on amazon, but i guess not all of them will work with AIDA64 out of the Box? Since BeadaPanel is also for Pi's...

EDIT: found this one: Matrix Orbital EVE2-50G, needs an additional USB-Kit for connection, but its available directly for order in germany and its supported by AIDA64. Would this one also be OK?

Yes, EVE2 and EVE3 are both fully supported by AIDA64.

Ok, thank you very much! Im still not sure which display "type" to choose, cause sadly none of the above mentioned displays is available in germany, which adds a lot of shipping costs to the price. Simple HDMI screens are available for less money and are more flexible (and can be shipped from within germany).

But thanks anyway for your suggestions! :)

16 hours ago, -Vulture- said:

Ok, thank you very much! Im still not sure which display "type" to choose, cause sadly none of the above mentioned displays is available in germany, which adds a lot of shipping costs to the price. Simple HDMI screens are available for less money and are more flexible (and can be shipped from within germany).

But thanks anyway for your suggestions! :)

Yes, in general a 2nd hand 15 or 17-inch LCD monitor is quite a bit more affordable than modern 5-inch or 7-inch USB-connected screens.

• 5 months later...
On 7/20/2020 at 9:03 AM, -Vulture- said:

Hey guys!

"There are a lot of raspberry pi displays around on amazon, but i guess not all of them will work with AIDA64 out of the Box?"

Yes, it works, power by usb 5v and "image data" by hdmi ... use as "second monitor" -> works fine and is compatible, use "normal" sensor panel and drag it to second screen. Many of them has a black case (and you can ever make a custom for that).
3,5pol, 5 pol, 7pol and bigger.

Just make sure they are powered by usb (mini or type c) and the video connection is either hdmi or mini hdmi. Another thing you can do is look for those displays that don't have a touch, they'll be a little cheaper - a little bit, but since the goal is not to use the touch, you can simplify it. All the cables you can hide into your case and optional, with the "frame", you can put it out of the case ando it looks well too.