Looking for BSODs

Beinish

Hello,

Sorry if this is the wrong forum. If needed, I'll repost elsewhere.

I just bought AIDA64 Extreme in order to run the stability test. I've been having BSODs these past few weeks and I've done literally everything I can, tested anything I can and I couldn't find the issue.

I opened a post on Microsoft's support forum and got an answer from a Microsoft MVP who is an expert on BSODs. After analysing my dump files and reports, he has no doubt it's related to a piece of my hardware. I also formatted and reinstalled Windows from scratch, so it kinda makes sense.

So back to my question, how long do I need to run  the test to find a BSOD? I checked everything on the list, so GPU, Disk, memory, CPU, FPU and cache. I usually get a BSOD randomly. Can take 5 minutes, can take 4 hours, can't tell.

What are you suggestions for this program? Can I leave it overnight?

Thanks

17 hours ago, Beinish said:

Hello,

Sorry if this is the wrong forum. If needed, I'll repost elsewhere.

I just bought AIDA64 Extreme in order to run the stability test. I've been having BSODs these past few weeks and I've done literally everything I can, tested anything I can and I couldn't find the issue.

I opened a post on Microsoft's support forum and got an answer from a Microsoft MVP who is an expert on BSODs. After analysing my dump files and reports, he has no doubt it's related to a piece of my hardware. I also formatted and reinstalled Windows from scratch, so it kinda makes sense.

So back to my question, how long do I need to run  the test to find a BSOD? I checked everything on the list, so GPU, Disk, memory, CPU, FPU and cache. I usually get a BSOD randomly. Can take 5 minutes, can take 4 hours, can't tell.

What are you suggestions for this program? Can I leave it overnight?

Thanks

Yes, at least a few hours if possible.  First, have every subtests checked, then only have the FPU subtest checked and the rest of the tests disabled.  With only the FPU subtest your system will be stressed for thermal (cooling) issues.

1 hour ago, Fiery said:

Yes, at least a few hours if possible.  First, have every subtests checked, then only have the FPU subtest checked and the rest of the tests disabled.  With only the FPU subtest your system will be stressed for thermal (cooling) issues.

Thanks for the reply. I ran all of the tests checked for 7 hours and a half and nothing came up.

Now I'll run just the FPU, although I'm not sure if thermals were the issues for my BSODs.

I'm not sure what to think. My hardware is definitely the issue but stress testing doesn't crash...

44 minutes ago, Beinish said:

Thanks for the reply. I ran all of the tests checked for 7 hours and a half and nothing came up.

Now I'll run just the FPU, although I'm not sure if thermals were the issues for my BSODs.

I'm not sure what to think. My hardware is definitely the issue but stress testing doesn't crash...

With the FPU subtests it's not just thermals but also the overall system power draw is maximized too, so it will heavily stress motherboard and PSU components.

17 hours ago, Fiery said:

With the FPU subtests it's not just thermals but also the overall system power draw is maximized too, so it will heavily stress motherboard and PSU components.

How can I check the cause of this? Was it a power outage for the computer? I couldn't find any new dmp files:

k4ItgCg.png

On 9/2/2020 at 7:44 AM, Beinish said:

How can I check the cause of this? Was it a power outage for the computer? I couldn't find any new dmp files:

AFAIK you cannot check the exact cause using a software method.  You need to change components one by one and check the issue again to see when it gets resolved.