Disk Temperature Polling Frequency

urobulus

So I got a new computer and in it I installed 3 SSD: a 970 Pro (PCI 4x) and 2x 860 Pro (SATA).

In my Sensor Panel I have the option to decide how often the disk temperature can be polled. Aida has it at every 20 second by default: is it considered harmful for the SSD if I put it every 1 second like all my others stats? Is it a lot more wear and tear on the SSDs if I go that route or it actually doesn't matter?

Thanks!

7 hours ago, urobulus said:

So I got a new computer and in it I installed 3 SSD: a 970 Pro (PCI 4x) and 2x 860 Pro (SATA).

In my Sensor Panel I have the option to decide how often the disk temperature can be polled. Aida has it at every 20 second by default: is it considered harmful for the SSD if I put it every 1 second like all my others stats? Is it a lot more wear and tear on the SSDs if I go that route or it actually doesn't matter?

Thanks!

You can set it to 1 second in case your computer only has SSD's and has no HDD.  Certain older HDDs had issues when they were polled too frequently, that's why we set the default polling frequency to 20 seconds.