USB hard drive problem to show in AIDA64

whatabambam

Hi, i want report bug which i found. Here is my situation:

On my computer AIDA64 starts with windows by ticked option "Load AIDA64 at Windows startup" in settings. If computer starts with USB hard drive already plugged in then everything is OK, AIDA64 recognize USB hard drive, shows temperature and you can look into S.M.A.R.T. values of this drive. You can plug off USB hard drive and after plug in, drive is still visible in AIDA64. The problem is when i start my computer without USB hard drive plugged in. Then after plug in USB hard drive AIDA64 does not show temperature for it, it is not in list of drives in computer so you can't see S.M.A.R.T. values of this dirve. It looks like AIDA64 does not recognize USB hard dirve when it is not plugged in before AIDA64 start. If you close AIDA64 and open it again then it shows drive correctly.

I work on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. USB hard drive which i use is: WD 10EAVS External USB Device (WDC WD10EAVS-00D7B1, SATA-II @ Oxford) which is basicaly WD Elements Desktop 1TB.

Is there any chance to fix this issue?

Feel free to ask questions or test next betas.

Best regards and greetings to all AIDA64 coders.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...