Missing chipset temps and How to identify disk and partition (Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming)

Soul--Reaver

Hi Finalwire

I've got the following hardware

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
  • ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING
  • 2 * Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB

First issue

In the BIOS of the motherboard i can see a chipset temperature. Aida64 does not show this temperature in the sensors list.

Second issue

I've got two Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB. Aida64 identifies them in various places as "Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB ([serial number here])" (among others the "LCD items" settings page)
I want the temperature of the SSD with drive letter E: shown first, followed by the second one with drive letter F: in the LCD items. Now i want to know which SSD with that particular serial number contains which partition. So far i have not found anyway for Aida64 to tell me this. Aida64 does not seem to have a relation between the physical drives and the containing partitions

Hope someone can help with these questions

On 12/13/2020 at 3:15 AM, Soul--Reaver said:

Hi Finalwire

I've got the following hardware

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
  • ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING
  • 2 * Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB

First issue

In the BIOS of the motherboard i can see a chipset temperature. Aida64 does not show this temperature in the sensors list.

Second issue

I've got two Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB. Aida64 identifies them in various places as "Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB ([serial number here])" (among others the "LCD items" settings page)
I want the temperature of the SSD with drive letter E: shown first, followed by the second one with drive letter F: in the LCD items. Now i want to know which SSD with that particular serial number contains which partition. So far i have not found anyway for Aida64 to tell me this. Aida64 does not seem to have a relation between the physical drives and the containing partitions

Hope someone can help with these questions

1) For the chipset temperature, make sure to upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

2) As for the partitions, have you checked the Storage / Physical Drives page in AIDA64?  Maybe it gives you the insight you're looking for.

Chipset temp now available in 6.32
Thanks

"Physical drives" does not show a serial number (or other unique identifier). So no idea which drive its related to.
You tell me whether you can figure out which of the two Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB is connected to which partition. I only have the serial number as a starting point since thats the only unique value in the sensor items list (see the last screenshot)

Storage / Physical Drives
image.png.74654b38c2df423addf7591a13ff337a.png

Storage / ATA
image.png.0bdfd93a5aea56432592d9fb629bd557.png

Sensor items list
image.thumb.png.a07387630e2f84efbce3adfb50072da0.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/15/2020 at 2:14 AM, Soul--Reaver said:

Thanks

"Physical drives" does not show a serial number (or other unique identifier). So no idea which drive its related to.
You tell me whether you can figure out which of the two Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB is connected to which partition. I only have the serial number as a starting point since thats the only unique value in the sensor items list (see the last screenshot)

Storage / Physical Drives

Storage / ATA

Sensor items list

In the next AIDA64 beta we will add the drive serial numbers to the Physical Drives page in order to help you out about this issue.  I will post a message into this topic once the new beta build becomes available for download.

On 12/15/2020 at 2:14 AM, Soul--Reaver said:

Thanks

The above mentioned new AIDA64 beta update is now available for download at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta