fixed: Asus Rampage VI Extreme temp sensor flapping

Xian65

I have an ASUS Rampage VI Extreme board showing flapping values/disappearing values/incorrect values.

Looking that the sensor section, the "PCH" and "T_Sensor #2" sensors constantly appear and disappear. Looking at my sensor panel, I can see these values constantly bouncing between correct values and showing "N/A". Very occasionally I'll see a completely incorrect value where "T_Sensor #2" which is connected to a thermal probe for water temps in my loop jump from 24 degrees to say 55 degrees and then seemingly refresh again and show the correct value.

HWInfo64 is showing these values correctly and is stable. Exiting HWInfo64 so there is no conflicting polling also doesn't fix the issue.

Thanks

2020-12-26_0-33-44.jpg

On 12/25/2020 at 2:41 PM, Xian65 said:

I have an ASUS Rampage VI Extreme board showing flapping values/disappearing values/incorrect values.

Looking that the sensor section, the "PCH" and "T_Sensor #2" sensors constantly appear and disappear. Looking at my sensor panel, I can see these values constantly bouncing between correct values and showing "N/A". Very occasionally I'll see a completely incorrect value where "T_Sensor #2" which is connected to a thermal probe for water temps in my loop jump from 24 degrees to say 55 degrees and then seemingly refresh again and show the correct value.

HWInfo64 is showing these values correctly and is stable. Exiting HWInfo64 so there is no conflicting polling also doesn't fix the issue.

Thanks

Do you have the option Embedded Controller (EC) bank switching enabled (checked) on the page AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability?

• 1 month later...
On 12/30/2020 at 11:12 PM, Fiery said:

Do you have the option Embedded Controller (EC) bank switching enabled (checked) on the page AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability?

Sorry Fiery, I didn't realise you had replied. Yes, that option is indeed ticked. I've attached the currently selected options in the Stability section

2021-02-06_22-06-52.jpg

3 hours ago, Xian65 said:

Sorry Fiery, I didn't realise you had replied. Yes, that option is indeed ticked. I've attached the currently selected options in the Stability section

In that case the EC bank switching works unreliably on your current configuration.  We've recently improved on EC communications, so it's worth trying the latest AIDA64 beta update:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

If it still doesn't work reliably, then I'd try to find the other software that AIDA64 may collide with.  Because if two or more software switching the EC bank, they will all start to work erratically.

On 2/7/2021 at 1:33 AM, Fiery said:

In that case the EC bank switching works unreliably on your current configuration.  We've recently improved on EC communications, so it's worth trying the latest AIDA64 beta update:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

If it still doesn't work reliably, then I'd try to find the other software that AIDA64 may collide with.  Because if two or more software switching the EC bank, they will all start to work erratically.

Thanks. I can confirm that the Beta has dramatically improved the sensor value responsiveness and is now showing values reliably. Cheers

• Fiery changed the title to fixed: Asus Rampage VI Extreme temp sensor flapping