GPU monitoring (ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090)

Betão

I have an Asus Strix RTX3090 using HWINFO.
I am dissatisfied with the graphic part of HWINFO and decided to try AIDA64 (much better graphic part) but I noticed that in the GPU part the program has much less GPU monitoring than HWINFO.
In my case, in terms of temperatures, only GPU CORE appears.
Any specific reason? Will it still be implemented?

Best Regards

I´m using 6.32 version

On 2/4/2021 at 1:12 PM, Betão said:

I have an Asus Strix RTX3090 using HWINFO.
I am dissatisfied with the graphic part of HWINFO and decided to try AIDA64 (much better graphic part) but I noticed that in the GPU part the program has much less GPU monitoring than HWINFO.
In my case, in terms of temperatures, only GPU CORE appears.
Any specific reason? Will it still be implemented?

Best Regards

I´m using 6.32 version

GPU temperatures and fan RPM's should appear on the Computer / Sensor page of AIDA64.  Can you see those readings there?

I was also looking at this - I also have a Strix 3090 (although I think this would apply for all GPUs), and it would be good to also be able to track the GPU's VRAM temperature. I can see this sensor in HWiNFO (GPU VRM Temperature) - it would be great if this could be available for AIDA to see as well.

What is interesting - while many people focus on just the GPU temp (in my case it hovers around 40C), the VRAM temp is around 69C. And when it comes to crypto mining, its often the VRAM temp that becomes the problem (it can get up to 100C) as typically it is on the back of the card and does not get cooled as well. I can imagine people wanting to see this GPU temp reading as well as the current one that is being reported by AIDA

(BTW, love this app and it was a great purchase!)

On 2/18/2021 at 8:01 PM, Goose said:

I was also looking at this - I also have a Strix 3090 (although I think this would apply for all GPUs), and it would be good to also be able to track the GPU's VRAM temperature. I can see this sensor in HWiNFO (GPU VRM Temperature) - it would be great if this could be available for AIDA to see as well.

What is interesting - while many people focus on just the GPU temp (in my case it hovers around 40C), the VRAM temp is around 69C. And when it comes to crypto mining, its often the VRAM temp that becomes the problem (it can get up to 100C) as typically it is on the back of the card and does not get cooled as well. I can imagine people wanting to see this GPU temp reading as well as the current one that is being reported by AIDA

(BTW, love this app and it was a great purchase!)

We need to check the GPU-related registers output to see where could we read VRM (or VRAM?) temperature from.

Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Video Debug --> nVIDIA GPU Registers. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Also right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Video Debug --> nVIDIA SMBus Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post.

Thanks,
Fiery

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2021 at 5:29 AM, Fiery said:

We need to check the GPU-related registers output to see where could we read VRM (or VRAM?) temperature from.

Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Video Debug --> nVIDIA GPU Registers. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Also right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Video Debug --> nVIDIA SMBus Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post.

Thanks,
Fiery

I also would like to GPU VRAM temperature to be included in Aida64.  In HWInfo64 it is called the GPU Memory Junction Temperature, and is distinct (and much higher) than the GPU diode.  I have an MSI 3090 Gaming X Trio, and would find this a really useful addition to my Aida64 SensorPanel.

I have attached my GPU Register and SMBus Dump text files, but I can't find the VRAM temp in them.

HWInfo64 can read that data, as can NiceHash.nvidiagpureg.txtnvidiasmbusdump.txt

On 4/2/2021 at 2:11 AM, pasgener said:

I also would like to GPU VRAM temperature to be included in Aida64.  In HWInfo64 it is called the GPU Memory Junction Temperature, and is distinct (and much higher) than the GPU diode.  I have an MSI 3090 Gaming X Trio, and would find this a really useful addition to my Aida64 SensorPanel.

I have attached my GPU Register and SMBus Dump text files, but I can't find the VRAM temp in them.

HWInfo64 can read that data, as can NiceHash.nvidiagpureg.txtnvidiasmbusdump.txt

We're working on it...

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2021 at 9:31 PM, Fiery said:

We're working on it...

Here's the first AIDA64 beta to measure Hotspot and VRAM temperature for nVIDIA video cards:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.

@Betão@RWV@Goose@pasgener

8 hours ago, Fiery said:

Here's the first AIDA64 beta to measure Hotspot and VRAM temperature for nVIDIA video cards:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.

@Betão@RWV@Goose@pasgener

So far so good!  Works for my PCs that have 3090 and 1070 video cards.  The Aida64 VRAM temp matches the HWInfo GPU Memory Junction value for my 3090, and the Aida64 GPU Hotspot value matches the HWInfo GPU Hotspot value for my 1070.

This is a great addition and is now featured on my SensorPanels.

Thanks!