Aida64 is showing 0 FPS when playing Minecraft for Windows 10

Cmdr. ZiN

MSI Afterburner 4.6.3
RivaTuner Statics Server 7.3.0
AIDA64 v6.32.5600

Both RTSS and MSI Afterburner can show FPS in Minecraft on in game overlay, only AIDA64 is set to 0 on my G19 keyboard.

Aida64 works in most games even Minecraft Java, there was a render type it didn't work on in the past but that was fixed in a RTSS patch and I can't remember what it was maybe Vulkan or D3D12.

Minecraft for Windows uses D3D12. I tried D3D12 in RDR2, both D3D12 and Vulkan work in RDR2 and show fine through Aida64 on my keyboard like most games.

MSI Afterburner requires RTSS to display FPS, I imagine it's getting it's data from RTSS.

Should it be possible to display the data from RTSS if MSI Afterburner can do it?
Why can't AIDA64 do it for Minecraft for Windows 10?

5 minutes ago, Cmdr. ZiN said:

MSI Afterburner 4.6.3
RivaTuner Statics Server 7.3.0
AIDA64 v6.32.5600

Both RTSS and MSI Afterburner can show FPS in Minecraft on in game overlay, only AIDA64 is set to 0 on my G19 keyboard.

Aida64 works in most games even Minecraft Java, there was a render type it didn't work on in the past but that was fixed in a RTSS patch and I can't remember what it was maybe Vulkan or D3D12.

Minecraft for Windows uses D3D12. I tried D3D12 in RDR2, both D3D12 and Vulkan work in RDR2 and show fine through Aida64 on my keyboard like most games.

MSI Afterburner requires RTSS to display FPS, I imagine it's getting it's data from RTSS.

Should it be possible to display the data from RTSS if MSI Afterburner can do it?
Why can't AIDA64 do it for Minecraft for Windows 10?

We'll try to replicate the same environment where you experience this issue.  Do you have RTSS installed as part of Afterburner, or did you use a RTSS standalone installer?

Do you experience the issue with other 3D games as well?  Or the issue only comes up with Minecraft?

I have RTSS installed as part of Afterburner but in the past I've installed it stand alone, same issue.
I have today just updated RTSS to version 7.3.1, issue is still the same.

I usually run RTSS with Afterburner not running in the background.

I have experienced similar issues in the past before but I was using FRAPS then and older version of RTSS. I haven't experienced another similar issue for some time now that wasn't resolved by restarting the game after changing settings.

Right now Minecraft for Windows is the only game I know of causing the issue.
Many other games RDR2, GTA5, Cyberpunk and both new Dooms all have no issues and several others. I've tried Vulkan, OpenGL 4.5 and DirectX 12 without issue. 

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates? Anything you'd like me to test?

I've see a few people with this issue posting on other threads in the past and I'm sure this can be fixed if Afterburner can see the data from RTSS then so should Aida 64.

I don't know if this is affecting all UWQ games or just Minecraft, I could possibly buy another to test if you want.

• 1 year later...

Howdy mate.

Did you find a solution here? Much like you i found the same issue... i got RTSS from MSI afterburner, all start with windows, all other games will report to the sensor panel but minecraft bedrock/windows 10 edition will display only 0. I found it WILL report the FPS on my actual game screen, but it won't push that number to the panel.

Nah, the OSD from Riva tuner works fine but AIDA 64 can't pull the data from a UWQ game for some reason.

Issue is with AIDA 64 but they never got back to me and they assumed the issue is not on their side without looking at it closely enough.

So far I've only found the issue in one game and I don't play it much anymore, I suspect it might affect other Windows store games.

The work around is to bypass AIDA 64 and turn on the OSD.