Sensor Panel resized itself after connecting new monitor; now I can't fix it

Parmendes

I had a sensor panel that I put a LOT of time into creating including graphs with loads, temps, etc. with a bunch of other stuff.  I had it perfectly sized to fit on about half of one of my three monitors.  Today I upgraded my Alienware aw3418dw (a 3440x1440 ultrawide monitor) to the LG CX48 (a 16:9 4k monitor).  Not sure whether or not I'll even keep the new one since it's arguably too big, but it is gorgeous, and as I work out the kinks in using it, I'm liking it more and more.  Anyway, As soon as I turned the computer on after swapping out the monitors, Aida64 decided to put the sensor panel on the cx48 and resized it to be GIGANTIC.  I can't get it back to the normal size no matter what I've tried.

If I try to "resize" it from within Aida64, it just resizes the window without resizing all of the various graphs and whatnot inside it, meaning that I can make the sensor panel window itself smaller, but it cuts off the vast majority of the info I had in there.  I don't remember the exact size I had it set to originally, but I'm guessing it was something in the range of 900x1000 pixels.  The size that Aida64 resized it too (including resizing all the graphs and whatnot to fit in the window) is 2775x3000.

I've been thinking about making some suggestions here for awhile about ways to make the entire sensor panel creation process more user-friendly - it could use some vast improvements in this area.  But right now I have a basically unusable sensor panel and am not sure how to fix it.  Any help would be appreciated.

6 hours ago, Parmendes said:

I had a sensor panel that I put a LOT of time into creating including graphs with loads, temps, etc. with a bunch of other stuff.  I had it perfectly sized to fit on about half of one of my three monitors.  Today I upgraded my Alienware aw3418dw (a 3440x1440 ultrawide monitor) to the LG CX48 (a 16:9 4k monitor).  Not sure whether or not I'll even keep the new one since it's arguably too big, but it is gorgeous, and as I work out the kinks in using it, I'm liking it more and more.  Anyway, As soon as I turned the computer on after swapping out the monitors, Aida64 decided to put the sensor panel on the cx48 and resized it to be GIGANTIC.  I can't get it back to the normal size no matter what I've tried.

If I try to "resize" it from within Aida64, it just resizes the window without resizing all of the various graphs and whatnot inside it, meaning that I can make the sensor panel window itself smaller, but it cuts off the vast majority of the info I had in there.  I don't remember the exact size I had it set to originally, but I'm guessing it was something in the range of 900x1000 pixels.  The size that Aida64 resized it too (including resizing all the graphs and whatnot to fit in the window) is 2775x3000.

I've been thinking about making some suggestions here for awhile about ways to make the entire sensor panel creation process more user-friendly - it could use some vast improvements in this area.  But right now I have a basically unusable sensor panel and am not sure how to fix it.  Any help would be appreciated.

First of all, please make sure to backup your SensorPanel layout.

The issue is most likely caused by DPI scaling discrepancy (difference) between your various monitors.  We're already working on a solution for that exact issue.  However, in case your existing SensorPanel layout was already designed with a non-100% DPI scaling setting in mind, it would still require adjustments after us implementing the DPI scaling option for the SensorPanel.  I will drop a message into this topic once we have an update to this.  It shouldn't take more than a week.

Thanks for the response.  I did have this sensor panel backed up but a while back but had modified it quite a bit since the last time I did so.  If I can find the file, at least I won't have to start from scratch to rebuild it I guess.  It's great to hear that you guys are working on a fix for this!  

Now that I have a forum account made,  I'll probably make some suggestions over in the suggestion forum, one of the biggest of which (for me at least) is the ability to overlay graphs one on top of the other without having to manually try to align them, fiddle with making one have a transparent background, etc.  It's nice to see the GPU load, for instance on the same graph but with a different color than the GPU temp, among other things.  Being able to hit a button to align a bunch of graphs into a grid or auto-space them out would be nice, too.  I love the flexibility of the aida64 sensor panel, but it could definitely use some tweaks to make it more user-friendly.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 9/15/2021 at 9:42 AM, Jcam1981 said:

Same here. When I import a file with correct sizing for my second monitor, the sensor panel doubles in size from 1024x600 to 2048 x 1200. When I resize to 1024x600 it just chops off half the imported panel. 

did you ever find a fix for this?

The fact that you can't have the preferences window open at the same time as the import window open is frustrating.  I have this problem too, saved themes seem to corrupt themselves into making the panel whatever size it wants.  Correct the sizing now its cut off most of the inputs and jumbles it.  Frustrating.

Hiding the window seems to help when, changing main display or restarting the PC.  Seems to be a work around for this,  in my mind LOCK PANEL SIZE should mean something,  but it seems to do nothing.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue just from restarting my computer my sensor panel changes size but none of my screens have changed or changed res its only the panel. how can the program resize it and keep everything but i don't have a button to do the same. every time i restart my pc my sensor panel changes back and forth between 2 sizes it is really annoying

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm having the exact same problem.  As long as the scale of my display (5120x2160) is set to 100%, AIDA64 displays the Sensor Panel correctly.  As soon as I adjust [only] the main display's Scale to 150%, at the next boot, the AIDA64 Sensor Panel's resolution changes from 1280x800 to 1920x1200.

PROBLEM STATEMENT

AIDA64 is referencing only the Scale of the main display and not referencing the Scale of the 2ndary monitor where the SensorPanel is located.

Below are the settings I'm using currently, but no matter what I do, the Sensor Panel keeps changing its configuration from 1280x800 to 1920x1200. I have a Dell ultra-wide 5120x2160 monitor and a Jonsbo D41 LCD screen (treated as an Sensor Panel in Aida64) of 1280x800.

Windows Display Settings

• Multiple Displays
    • Remember windows location based on monitor connection
    • Extend these displays (Monitor 1 extends to Monitor 2)
  • Display selection
    • Monitor 1:  Dell monitor (see settings below)
    • Monitor 2:  Jonsbo LCD display (see settings below)
  • Graphics Card
    • Monitor 1:  Intel ARC A770 Limited Edition (discrete GPU) (Display Port)
    • Monitor 2:  Intel ARC A770 Limited Edition (discrete GPU) (HDMI [only])
  • Dell Monitor Display Settings (main display)
    • Scale:  150% (recommended)
    • Display resolution:  5120x2160 (recommended)
    • Display orientation:  Landscape
  • Jonsbo LCD Display Settings (2nd display)
    • Scale:  100% (recommended)
    • Display resolution:  1280x800 (recommended)
    • Display orientation:  Landscape (flipped)

AIDA64 Sensor Panel Preferences (Reference the attached aida64_NM1QXpGKwR.png file attached.)

• Show SensorPanel:  Yes
  • Keep SensorPanel the topmost window (always on top):  Yes
  • Prevent SensorPanel from being minimized:  Yes
  • Lock panel position:  Yes
  • Lock panel size:  Yes
  • Enable context menu:  (Yes for now, but once stabilized, I will turn this off)
  • SensorPanel background color:  [Black]
  • SensorPanel transparency:  0%
  • SensorPanel size:  1280x800

The 2nd line of the SensorPanel file, "David Update 2023-07-16.sensorpanel", attached) states the following:

• <SPWIDTH>1280</SPWIDTH><SPHEIGHT>800</SPHEIGHT><SPBGCOLOR>0</SPBGCOLOR>

With the Scale set to 150% on the main monitor and even though the SensorPanel size is locked to 1280x800, as soon as I restart my system or I import the sensorpanel config again, the sensorpanel size changes in Preferences to 1920x1200.  (Reference the attached aida65_KoRgFsqL8.png.)  Not only that, when the SensorPanel displays after a reboot, it displays on the main display not the 2ndary display despite the fact that I moved it to the 2ndary display and then locked it.

I've also tried using a combination of the integrated GPU on the Intel i9-13900K display for the LCD panel, but the same problem exists.

aida64_NM1QXpGKwR.png

aida64_KoRgFsqjL8.png

1252408683_DavidUpdate2023-07-16.sensorpanel

On 3/9/2021 at 4:19 AM, Fiery said:

First of all, please make sure to backup your SensorPanel layout.

The issue is most likely caused by DPI scaling discrepancy (difference) between your various monitors.  We're already working on a solution for that exact issue.  However, in case your existing SensorPanel layout was already designed with a non-100% DPI scaling setting in mind, it would still require adjustments after us implementing the DPI scaling option for the SensorPanel.  I will drop a message into this topic once we have an update to this.  It shouldn't take more than a week.

It's been over 2 years since you updated this forum about fixing the windows scaling issue.

When will you fix this problem?  I paid for a premium license and I fully expect that you'll fix this issue ASAP but TWO YEARS???  Seriously?

On 7/17/2023 at 8:42 PM, dcd-aida64 said:

It's been over 2 years since you updated this forum about fixing the windows scaling issue.

When will you fix this problem?  I paid for a premium license and I fully expect that you'll fix this issue ASAP but TWO YEARS???  Seriously?

I understand your frustration.  We're quite frustrated too, but it's because it's very-very difficult to solve this issue on our side.  To let you get a bit of insight into the problem: SensorPanel is a window, and a part of the AIDA64 main process.  All windows belonging to the AIDA64 process share the same DPI configuration.  So when you move a window (e.g. the SensorPanel) away from the main window, it will still keep (inherit) the same DPI setting that all AIDA64 windows share.  So when your main monitor (where you launch AIDA64) has a 150% DPI setting, the SensorPanel will also use that.  The SensorPanel will look and act the same on your main display and your secondary display even if the latter has a different DPI setting.  It would require a lot of work on our part to make sure all AIDA64 windows (incl. the SensorPanel) can dynamically resize and follow DPI changes when they are moved from one display to another.  We're committed to do the job, to make our homework, but sadly it will take more time than what we originally estimated on it :(

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...

Hello, I have the same problem that others have, I have a 4k monitor with a scale of 200, as soon as I put on a game and I lower it to 1440 immediately on my secondary screen, which is 1920-1080, the position of the panel sensor changes and the truth is It is very annoying to be able to use aida64 as it should in this section.

You should be able to adjust the scaling on your main display without it affecting the secondary display. What I do is put my 4K main display to 100% scale and then I start Aida64. I then drag the sensor panel to the secondary display. After that I scale my primary display to 200% but the secondary display is not affected.  

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone tried this? I got it from the manual for a case (Jonsbo D31) that arrived today for a new build. I don't have all the parts yet and I haven't even bought a license so I can't really test it, but I was here looking for info about making custom SensorPanels and thought it might help.

. Under different display (main screen) resolutions/scaling ratios, the icons and texts of the monitoring interface may be displayed in dislocation. Adjustment method: Open the AIDA64 installation directory, the default installation address is:" C:\Program Files (x86)\FinalWire\ AIDA64 Extreme", Right-click the icon of the main program "aida64.exe", and select "Properties"-"Compatibility"-"Change settings for all users"-"Change high DPI settings"-check "Override high DPI scaling behavior" in the pop-up menu .scaling performed by:" - Select "System (Enhanced)" and step by step "Apply" the modified settings menu. Finally, right-click the AIDA64 program icon in the lower right corner of the desktop, select "Exit" and restart the program.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@WeakLaugh This solution seems to work somewhat. It works between boots but if you change the panel you are using AIDA64 needs to be restarted. The panel assets are in the right place but now the panel is scanned to the main display so when moved to secondary it will not fit. When you restart AIDA64 and move the panel it is the correct size. But thank you for this it is certainly a huge help. 

• 1 month later...