SensorPanel temperature order dependant?

paradox37

I just noticed a little strange behavior of sensors panel. It seems displaying of temperature of my disks is order dependent. I keep two disks in my PC, one M2 and one SSD.

SensorPanel is configured to display temperature of those disks.

Samsung 960 EVO - label Samsung

Crucial CT500MX - label Crucial

But, from time to time, I hot-plug my HDD since my PC case supports it. And then SensorPanel starts to show the temperature of the disk I just plugged in.

Labels stays the same, but source of temperature changes. So, label Samsung starts to show temperature of HDD I just plugged in, and Crucial label start to show temperature of Samsung label. When I unplug the HDD, temperature sources are back to normal.

Can this be fixed? It is strange that this SensorPanel does not use some ID for device and not order.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2021 at 4:07 PM, paradox37 said:

I just noticed a little strange behavior of sensors panel. It seems displaying of temperature of my disks is order dependent. I keep two disks in my PC, one M2 and one SSD.

SensorPanel is configured to display temperature of those disks.

Samsung 960 EVO - label Samsung

Crucial CT500MX - label Crucial

But, from time to time, I hot-plug my HDD since my PC case supports it. And then SensorPanel starts to show the temperature of the disk I just plugged in.

Labels stays the same, but source of temperature changes. So, label Samsung starts to show temperature of HDD I just plugged in, and Crucial label start to show temperature of Samsung label. When I unplug the HDD, temperature sources are back to normal.

Can this be fixed? It is strange that this SensorPanel does not use some ID for device and not order.

It's quite complicated, since the order is determined by the type of device first and then the order (index) inside a particular device group.  Usually external drives appear in the last group to avoid the issues you've described.  Maybe your drive appears as an internal drive even though it's an external one?  We'd need to have a better understanding of what's going on about that in order to fix this.  Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Disk Debug --> SMART Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Please create 2 dumps, one with the HDD hot-plugged and another one when it's missing (disconnected) from your system.

Thanks,
Fiery