AMD CPU Temp Sensor

The Mac

Which of the 3 CPU sensors is the one i should be watching for throttling (cpu, package or diode)?  They all report different temps.

None of them seem to match what ryzen master reports.  Supposedly thats the one that throttles at 90 degrees.

Ryzen 5800x....

Edited by The Mac
add info

7 hours ago, The Mac said:

Which of the 3 CPU sensors is the one i should be watching for throttling (cpu, package or diode)?  They all report different temps.

None of them seem to match what ryzen master reports.  Supposedly thats the one that throttles at 90 degrees.

Ryzen 5800x....

Ryzen Master uses averaging and post-processing of thermal readings while AIDA64 reports the direct and immediate temperature readouts.  We believe it makes no sense to process the thermal readings and make them artifically "feel" or look different to the immediate readings.

AFAIK throttling in the sense we're used to that term on Intel processors is not implemented in AMD processors.  I suppose what you refer to is the way Ryzen processors alter their own CPU core clock frequency depending on the actual thermal state.  If you mean that, then it'd useful to try the AIDA64 System Stability Test and watch the 3 thermal readings along with the current CPU core clock frequency in order to find out which one is the one you're looking for.

We've designed the Unified tab of the System Stability Test to let you put both thermal readings and clock frequency measurements on a single graph.