NZXT B550 Motherboard, not all fan sensors working in A64

Andrew Pafitis

I have the new NZXT B550 motherboard that was released a few weeks ago. Some of the cooling fans listed have oddly specific names in Aida64 (System, Chassis, GPU) when the motherboard pins are labeled CPU_FAN, AIO_PUMP,  SYS_FAN 1, SYS_FAN 2, SYS_FAN 3, SYS_FAN 4, and SYS_FAN 5. See here on page 15, items 2, 5, 16 and 29: https://nzxt-site-media.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/uploads/download/attachment/1033/N7_B550-Digital_Manual-210315-EN.pdf

For full context on my machine, it's the NZXT B550 motherboard with 5800x Ryzen, NZXT X53 AIO on the CPU, RTX 2080 (stripped for AIO), second RTX X53 AIO on the GPU, NZXT E850 power supply (connected via USB for smart monitoring in NZXT CAM), and a USB connected NZXT RGB & Fan Controller (although I have no fans attached to that, just using for additional RGB channels).

I can map some of the motherboard headers to sensors in Aida64, but not all.

CPU_FAN="Chassis", connected to CPU AIO Radiator Fans

AIO_PUMP="CPU", connected to CPU AIO "AIO" cable

SYS_FAN 1 = "System", connected to GPU AIO Radiator Fans

SYS_FAN 2="Aux", connected to GPU onboard fan

SYS_FAN 3=???, I don't have a fan connected to read outputs on A64

SYS_FAN 4=???, connected to case exhaust near CPU, I can't find any sensor in A64 showing this fan's speeds

SYS_FAN 5="Aux2", connected to case exhaust near GPU

Also strange, the AIO_FAN/"CPU" sensor properly reads out the AIO pump speed from the motherboard, BUT only if the CPU_FAN is not running. If CPU_FAN fan is running and displaying "Chassis" RPMs, Aida64 then shows 0 RPM from "Chassis" and the pump's actual RPMs are displayed against the "Power Supply" sensor. This is the only time that "Power Supply" shows any RPMs, and doesn't actually ever show the PSU's fan speed.

The only other cooling fan sensor showing in A64 is "GPU". This is likely reporting off the GPU's internal fan port, but I have that fan cable disconnected and instead control an aftermarket onboard fan for the card and the AIO fans through the motherboard headers (SYS_FAN 1 and SYS_FAN 2).

So in my system, the Power Supply fan from the E850 and SYS_FAN 4 are definitely not showing RPMs on any sensors in A64. SYS_FAN 3 could also be missing but I don't have anything connected to it to confirm.

I would have expected to see the 3 additional fan ports from the NXT usb fan controller, although I now see in another thread that support for the fan controller was added last month in a beta update. Just installed the beta and still not seeing them, assuming then that fans need to be connected before they're detected in A64. Besides that, latest beta still having all the same issues above with the motherboard ports and PSU fan.

I'm also assuming that the only way to see the pump speed from the second AIO attached to the GPU would be to connect it to one of the fan ports, is that correct? Both AIOs are connected via USB and report pump speed to NZXT CAM as expected, just not sure if A64 is supposed to be able to read from the USB or needs to read discretely from the headers. Is it an issue that I have 2 of the same AIOs attached to the system?

Attaching the ISA sensor and USB dumps as I've seen requested in other threads. I can do more testing if necessary, but my rig is mounted on the wall in a Thermaltake P90, so it's really a pain to disconnect and take down to work on. (It's so beautiful tho)

isasensordump.txt usbdump.txt

5 hours ago, Andrew Pafitis said:

I have the new NZXT B550 motherboard that was released a few weeks ago. Some of the cooling fans listed have oddly specific names in Aida64 (System, Chassis, GPU) when the motherboard pins are labeled CPU_FAN, AIO_PUMP,  SYS_FAN 1, SYS_FAN 2, SYS_FAN 3, SYS_FAN 4, and SYS_FAN 5. See here on page 15, items 2, 5, 16 and 29: https://nzxt-site-media.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/uploads/download/attachment/1033/N7_B550-Digital_Manual-210315-EN.pdf

For full context on my machine, it's the NZXT B550 motherboard with 5800x Ryzen, NZXT X53 AIO on the CPU, RTX 2080 (stripped for AIO), second RTX X53 AIO on the GPU, NZXT E850 power supply (connected via USB for smart monitoring in NZXT CAM), and a USB connected NZXT RGB & Fan Controller (although I have no fans attached to that, just using for additional RGB channels).

I can map some of the motherboard headers to sensors in Aida64, but not all.

CPU_FAN="Chassis", connected to CPU AIO Radiator Fans

AIO_PUMP="CPU", connected to CPU AIO "AIO" cable

SYS_FAN 1 = "System", connected to GPU AIO Radiator Fans

SYS_FAN 2="Aux", connected to GPU onboard fan

SYS_FAN 3=???, I don't have a fan connected to read outputs on A64

SYS_FAN 4=???, connected to case exhaust near CPU, I can't find any sensor in A64 showing this fan's speeds

SYS_FAN 5="Aux2", connected to case exhaust near GPU

Also strange, the AIO_FAN/"CPU" sensor properly reads out the AIO pump speed from the motherboard, BUT only if the CPU_FAN is not running. If CPU_FAN fan is running and displaying "Chassis" RPMs, Aida64 then shows 0 RPM from "Chassis" and the pump's actual RPMs are displayed against the "Power Supply" sensor. This is the only time that "Power Supply" shows any RPMs, and doesn't actually ever show the PSU's fan speed.

The only other cooling fan sensor showing in A64 is "GPU". This is likely reporting off the GPU's internal fan port, but I have that fan cable disconnected and instead control an aftermarket onboard fan for the card and the AIO fans through the motherboard headers (SYS_FAN 1 and SYS_FAN 2).

So in my system, the Power Supply fan from the E850 and SYS_FAN 4 are definitely not showing RPMs on any sensors in A64. SYS_FAN 3 could also be missing but I don't have anything connected to it to confirm.

I would have expected to see the 3 additional fan ports from the NXT usb fan controller, although I now see in another thread that support for the fan controller was added last month in a beta update. Just installed the beta and still not seeing them, assuming then that fans need to be connected before they're detected in A64. Besides that, latest beta still having all the same issues above with the motherboard ports and PSU fan.

I'm also assuming that the only way to see the pump speed from the second AIO attached to the GPU would be to connect it to one of the fan ports, is that correct? Both AIOs are connected via USB and report pump speed to NZXT CAM as expected, just not sure if A64 is supposed to be able to read from the USB or needs to read discretely from the headers. Is it an issue that I have 2 of the same AIOs attached to the system?

Attaching the ISA sensor and USB dumps as I've seen requested in other threads. I can do more testing if necessary, but my rig is mounted on the wall in a Thermaltake P90, so it's really a pain to disconnect and take down to work on. (It's so beautiful tho)

We've fixed the labels for the fan readings measured by the Nuvoton SIO sensor chip of your motherboard in the following new beta update of AIDA64:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

Let me know how it works.

As for the other NZXT USB-connected devices, AIDA64 can detect them (a Kraken X53/X63/X73 and an NZXT RGB & Fan Controller), but I suppose due to the fact that you've had NZXT CAM Software running in the background, it couldn't open them and handle them properly.  NZXT CAM doesn't really tolerate any other software gaining access to NZXT devices -- except for the motherboard sensor chip where it cannot lock other software from accessing it.

17 hours ago, Fiery said:

Let me know how it works

Wow you guys are fast.

The fan sensors are labeled and responding as expected, no issues with RPMs jumping sensors. However I'm not seeing the AIO_PUMP represented anywhere, and the "Power Supply" fan is no longer there. AIO_PUMP RPMs were previously reported, albeit with issues as described above. Is the Power Supply fan not able to be read from the motherboard?

13 hours ago, Andrew Pafitis said:

Wow you guys are fast.

The fan sensors are labeled and responding as expected, no issues with RPMs jumping sensors. However I'm not seeing the AIO_PUMP represented anywhere, and the "Power Supply" fan is no longer there. AIO_PUMP RPMs were previously reported, albeit with issues as described above. Is the Power Supply fan not able to be read from the motherboard?

I have no idea why the issue comes about the AIO_PUMP RPM :(  We've renamed the PSU fan to Chassis #3 fan since we had no better idea than this on where the Chassis #3 fan RPM reading might come from :)