eVGA SR-2 Classified CPU2 temperature mointor

adl3

Folks,

Forgive me for a possible naive question, I'm a newbie, I don't think this has been answered elsewhere in the forum.

I have a SR-2 dual Xeon system (still going strong after 10 years)! 

I'd like to monitor each of the CPU's  temperatures.

I see an entry for CPU1 (which corresponds to the ECP Temperature display) as well as all of the individual cores for both CPUs but I don't see a CPU2 Temperature.

The only related forum discussion I've seen was back in 2018 related to a different motherboard (supporting dual E5-2699v4) where there was a beta release change made to support "CPU1 Package" and "CPU2 Package". I'm not seeing anything like that for my SR-2 motherboard.

Is there something I need to configure to expose the CPU2 temperature information?

Thanks!

On 6/7/2021 at 9:11 PM, adl3 said:

Folks,

Forgive me for a possible naive question, I'm a newbie, I don't think this has been answered elsewhere in the forum.

I have a SR-2 dual Xeon system (still going strong after 10 years)! 

I'd like to monitor each of the CPU's  temperatures.

I see an entry for CPU1 (which corresponds to the ECP Temperature display) as well as all of the individual cores for both CPUs but I don't see a CPU2 Temperature.

The only related forum discussion I've seen was back in 2018 related to a different motherboard (supporting dual E5-2699v4) where there was a beta release change made to support "CPU1 Package" and "CPU2 Package". I'm not seeing anything like that for my SR-2 motherboard.

Is there something I need to configure to expose the CPU2 temperature information?

Thanks!

Can you see a thermal reading for your 2nd CPU in the BIOS Setup (UEFI Setup) ?

Hi Fiery,

The BIOS is not UEFI but yes I can see not only the CPU temperatures but the CPU PWM Temp and several Fans that are not available in the hardware monitor.

I'm attaching both a screen shot from the EVGA SR-2 CMOS BIOS of the Hardware Health Function page and a Sensor report from Aida64 Extreme.

I appreciate your time in looking into to it for me!

Cheers!

SR-2 BIOS Screen Shot.jpg

AIDA64 Report 20210613.txt

Hi Fiery,

Do you need any additional information?

Is there a way I can get to the "CPU1 Temperature"?

It would also be desirable to have access to the Fan Speed for JSYS0 & JSYS1 (currently only CPU1 and CPU2 Fan Speeds are currently showing in the Sensor properties for AIDA64 v6.33.5700.

Many Thanks!