Recommendations for single optical bay screen

SnarlingFox

Hi folks, hope everyone is staying safe.

I'm looking for a Aida64 compatible LCD panel that will neatly fit in a single 5.25" optical bay on a Silverstone Sugo SG14B case. I've put a few photos below to give a rough idea of clearances.

These are my desires;

• Full colour screen, ideally IPS
  • Fill as much of the drive bay as possible, reducing bezel around the screen
  • USB interface
  • Low profile rear to not hit radiator (although if I need to modify the PCB I'm not afraid to)

There is 56.75 mm clearance between the front of the case and the radiator (although I expect that to be bang on 56 mm with the Silverstone-supplied bezel).

The radiator itself only obscures about half of the height of the bay, there's 74.75 mm clearance then to the fan (so 74 mm really).

To the right of the bay, the radiator has about 27 mm clearance. Ideally the USB cable would go this way.

It's worth noting that I have a 3D printer and am quite adept at designing cases / brackets (1) (2) (3) (4).

Any recommendations?

2021-07-23 12.56.41.jpg

2021-07-23 12.57.13.jpg

2021-07-23 12.57.22.jpg

7 hours ago, SnarlingFox said:

Hi folks, hope everyone is staying safe.

I'm looking for a Aida64 compatible LCD panel that will neatly fit in a single 5.25" optical bay on a Silverstone Sugo SG14B case. I've put a few photos below to give a rough idea of clearances.

These are my desires;

• Full colour screen, ideally IPS
  • Fill as much of the drive bay as possible, reducing bezel around the screen
  • USB interface
  • Low profile rear to not hit radiator (although if I need to modify the PCB I'm not afraid to)

There is 56.75 mm clearance between the front of the case and the radiator (although I expect that to be bang on 56 mm with the Silverstone-supplied bezel).

The radiator itself only obscures about half of the height of the bay, there's 74.75 mm clearance then to the fan (so 74 mm really).

To the right of the bay, the radiator has about 27 mm clearance. Ideally the USB cable would go this way.

It's worth noting that I have a 3D printer and am quite adept at designing cases / brackets (1) (2) (3) (4).

Any recommendations?

That's tough, there aren't many options that we know of.  This one may be closest to your requirements:

https://www.matrixorbital.com/eve3x-39a

Matrix Orbital has a fleet of 1U displays but I don't think any of them would be a colour graphical display :(

Aquaero 5 and 6 are killer ones but they only implement a monochrome graphical screen.

Crystalfontz has the CFA835, but it's also grayscale:

https://www.crystalfontz.com/c/usb-lcd-displays/graphic/2

• Like 1