Sensor Panel split across 2 monitors or two different sensor panels on same PC running off 1 instance of Aida64?

Calibos

Apologies Mods for double posting, I realised my other thread might be in the wrong sub-forum. If you need to delete one, please delete the other one in the 'General' sub-forum.

I have long planned a 'Snowblind Mod' for the Windowed side panel of my soon to be built 12 bay Media Server.

https://youtu.be/uq8GTglYJNw?t=711

The USB Monitor I am using as the donor screen for the Snowblind Mod is the AOC 1366x768  e1659Fwu 16 Inch Portable LED Glossy Black USB 3.0 Monitor.

However, I also want to mount a 7" HDMI Display as a Sensor Panel in the front 5.25" Bays of the case. That 7" Monitor I'd be using for the Sensor Panel is the Raspberry Pi Monitor, EVICIV 7 Inch Touchscreen Monitor, 1024x600 HD Display. I would also have a 1080p AOC Desktop monitor attached to the PC (No Sensor panel needed for that).

Below is an Old Render of an early iteration of my idea. Hadn't heard of SnowBlind Mods back then, I'm not installing so many hotswap bays anymore, but I am actually going back to the idea of having a front mounted sensor panel screen like in this old render and like I said above. So picture that left side case window with 12 Hotswap bays in the bottom half. I'd cover the whole acrylic window with black Vinyl. In the bottom half of the Vinyl would be a large laser cutout rectangle. (Laser Cut Logo Decals in the top half of the vinyl backlit with the Backlight panel of the Donor screen. Yay, no e-waste!!).

The LCD layer of the Donor screen is affixed on the inside lined up with this rectangular cutout in the Vinyl. You'd still be able to see the Hotswap bays. On that transparent screen I would create a sensor panel such that the HDD widgets/icons I would create are aligned over the physical HDD Bay they correspond to. 'Virtual' & 'Live' Labels so to speak.

So the big question is this. Can I run 2 sensor panels from one instance of AIDA64. The front mounted 7" HDMI Sensor Panel displaying only CPU, RAM info etc and the 'SnowBlind' USB Sensor panel displaying only Hard Drive related information where I would create a layout with 'Virtual' & 'Live' labels for each HDD with the Virtual label aligned over the actual physical Hotswap Bay it corresponds to.

I found this quote from Fiery from last year where he says this to a similar question but I am not sure if his suggestion is what I am effectively doing with 2 discrete Displays for my sensor panels.

I know it's not the best advice, and also it would cost you money, but picking one (or even more than one) external LCD screen would enable you to use the LCD facility of AIDA64 and effectively double or triple the amount of "SensorPanels" you can use at any given time.  For example, if you picked up a BeadaPanel, you could place your secondary readings on it using the same layout editor that you use for SensorPanel.

Sensor Panel.jpg

• Calibos changed the title to Sensor Panel split across 2 monitors or two different sensor panels on same PC running off 1 instance of Aida64?
On 10/17/2021 at 8:45 PM, Calibos said:

Apologies Mods for double posting, I realised my other thread might be in the wrong sub-forum. If you need to delete one, please delete the other one in the 'General' sub-forum.

I have long planned a 'Snowblind Mod' for the Windowed side panel of my soon to be built 12 bay Media Server.

https://youtu.be/uq8GTglYJNw?t=711

The USB Monitor I am using as the donor screen for the Snowblind Mod is the AOC 1366x768  e1659Fwu 16 Inch Portable LED Glossy Black USB 3.0 Monitor.

However, I also want to mount a 7" HDMI Display as a Sensor Panel in the front 5.25" Bays of the case. That 7" Monitor I'd be using for the Sensor Panel is the Raspberry Pi Monitor, EVICIV 7 Inch Touchscreen Monitor, 1024x600 HD Display. I would also have a 1080p AOC Desktop monitor attached to the PC (No Sensor panel needed for that).

Below is an Old Render of an early iteration of my idea. Hadn't heard of SnowBlind Mods back then, I'm not installing so many hotswap bays anymore, but I am actually going back to the idea of having a front mounted sensor panel screen like in this old render and like I said above. So picture that left side case window with 12 Hotswap bays in the bottom half. I'd cover the whole acrylic window with black Vinyl. In the bottom half of the Vinyl would be a large laser cutout rectangle. (Laser Cut Logo Decals in the top half of the vinyl backlit with the Backlight panel of the Donor screen. Yay, no e-waste!!).

The LCD layer of the Donor screen is affixed on the inside lined up with this rectangular cutout in the Vinyl. You'd still be able to see the Hotswap bays. On that transparent screen I would create a sensor panel such that the HDD widgets/icons I would create are aligned over the physical HDD Bay they correspond to. 'Virtual' & 'Live' Labels so to speak.

So the big question is this. Can I run 2 sensor panels from one instance of AIDA64. The front mounted 7" HDMI Sensor Panel displaying only CPU, RAM info etc and the 'SnowBlind' USB Sensor panel displaying only Hard Drive related information where I would create a layout with 'Virtual' & 'Live' labels for each HDD with the Virtual label aligned over the actual physical Hotswap Bay it corresponds to.

I found this quote from Fiery from last year where he says this to a similar question but I am not sure if his suggestion is what I am effectively doing with 2 discrete Displays for my sensor panels.

My previous idea/suggestion is still valid since you can still use only a single instance of the SensorPanel.

28 minutes ago, Fiery said:

My previous idea/suggestion is still valid since you can still use only a single instance of the SensorPanel.

To be clear. Are you saying that YES? I could run 1 instance of AIDA64/Sensor Panel and using the 'LCD Facility' of AIDA64, I could create two different layouts, one layout that displays only CPU/RAM/LOGO's etc info on the front of case 7" rPI LCD Touchscreen Display and then a different layout that displays only HDD related info on the Side Window Snowblind Mod USB3.0 LCD Display?

I need clarification before I start cutting and modding the chassis and plastic of my case, because once I do that I can't undo it, and thus I need to be 100% sure that my idea is possible to achieve with AIDA64.

Nagyon szépen köszönöm !

37 minutes ago, Calibos said:

To be clear. Are you saying that YES? I could run 1 instance of AIDA64/Sensor Panel and using the 'LCD Facility' of AIDA64, I could create two different layouts, one layout that displays only CPU/RAM/LOGO's etc info on the front of case 7" rPI LCD Touchscreen Display and then a different layout that displays only HDD related info on the Side Window Snowblind Mod USB3.0 LCD Display?

I need clarification before I start cutting and modding the chassis and plastic of my case, because once I do that I can't undo it, and thus I need to be 100% sure that my idea is possible to achieve with AIDA64.

Nagyon szépen köszönöm !

As far as I can understand, both those displays would appear as a monitor in Windows.  In that case you can only use one of them with AIDA64 since SensorPanel only supports a single instance.  If you can find a display that connects as an external (e.g. USB) screen and uses a LCD protocol that AIDA64 supports, you can scale the whole config up a lot better than with small monitors.

2 hours ago, Fiery said:

As far as I can understand, both those displays would appear as a monitor in Windows.  In that case you can only use one of them with AIDA64 since SensorPanel only supports a single instance.  If you can find a display that connects as an external (e.g. USB) screen and uses a LCD protocol that AIDA64 supports, you can scale the whole config up a lot better than with small monitors.

Forget about the Snowblind Mod screen on the side panel for a moment. 

So I can run my conventional Desktop Monitor connected to my motherboard with Display Port and I can also run the rPI HDMI 7" display as a Sensor Panel on the front of my case. Thats the setup most people have/use.

You are saying that if I want another sensor panel as well as the small HDMI 7" one, that I need to use a USB Monitor as the second Sensor Panel and utilise AIDA64's LCD display support.

I'm not sure if you missed this information but' I said at the beginning that the monitor I am going to use for the second sensor panel display on the Side Window of the Media Server for my Snowblind Mod is this -  AOC 1366x768  e1659Fwu 16 Inch Portable LED Glossy Black USB 3.0 Monitor. ie. This is not a HDMI or Display Port Monitor. It connects via USB 3.0.

So with that in mind does this mean that YES I can run both the 7" HDMI rPI screen and the USB 3.0 AOC 'SnowBlind' screens with a different Sensor Panel layout on each all run from one instance of AIDA64??

Or did you already note that the AOC display is a USB 3.0 screen but it is simply just not one of the currently supported USB screens in AIDA64? Would it help if I installed AIDA64 on my current PC and connect that USB Monitor to it and get AIDA64 to spit out all the hardware/driver specs of this Monitor and post here so that maybe support for this monitor could be added to AIDA64 USB LCD Panel support?