Incorrect CPU, MB and RAM clocks and benchmark results (Win11 + i9-9900K + Asus Maximus VIII Hero)

VodaVrot

Hi,
I've surprised the clocks of my CPU, motherboard, and RAM have too low values with Intel Z170 chipset since v6.33.5772 in Windows 11. The same issue is in v6.50.5800.
The CPU & RAM benchmark results are too low correspondingly.
But no problem up to v6.33.5769.

Here are the wrong clock values:

image.thumb.png.78d3d384fb4fc7d9a8f419a3a5fb3c2f.png

But here are the right clock values:

image.thumb.png.9033ff54ac22ce95bbdabaa9dd071012.png

cpuidmsrdump.txt

Edited by VodaVrot
The dump file attached on Fiery's request

2 hours ago, VodaVrot said:

Hi,
I've surprised the clocks of my CPU, motherboard, and RAM have too low values with Intel Z170 chipset since v6.33.5772 in Windows 11. The same issue is in v6.50.5800.
The CPU & RAM benchmark results are too low correspondingly.
But no problem up to v6.33.5769.

Here are the wrong clock values:

But here are the right clock values:

Using AIDA64 v6.50 please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> CPU Debug --> CPUID & MSR Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Thanks,
Fiery

• Fiery changed the title to Incorrect CPU, MB and RAM clocks and benchmark results (Win11 + i9-9900K + Asus Maximus VIII Hero)
27 minutes ago, Fiery said:

Using AIDA64 v6.50 please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> CPU Debug --> CPUID & MSR Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Thanks,
Fiery

Hi Fiery, I've attached the dump file. Please take a look.

22 hours ago, VodaVrot said:

Hi Fiery, I've attached the dump file. Please take a look.

Thank you!  We're working on it.  It's a tough one though since Win11 forces software into a virtualized environment.  And so I'm not sure if the resolution or workaround would be something you'd want to use.  Till then, if you disable Memory Integrity in Windows Settings, you can make it work with the current AIDA64 release.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2021 at 3:05 PM, Fiery said:

Thank you!  We're working on it.  It's a tough one though since Win11 forces software into a virtualized environment.  And so I'm not sure if the resolution or workaround would be something you'd want to use.  Till then, if you disable Memory Integrity in Windows Settings, you can make it work with the current AIDA64 release.

Hi! Here are my comments.

1. More details on my environment:

• Boot Mode: UEFI boot
  • CSM: Disabled
  • Secure Mode: Disabled
  • TPM: Enabled (But BitLocker not used)
  • Hyper-V: Enabled (I use WSL2 and Windows Sandbox)
  • Memory Integrity: Disabled. I can't enable it because of incompatible drivers of Creative X-Fi and VirtualBox.
  • Hypervisor-Protected Code Integrity (HVCI): Disabled

2. The v6.33.5769 has no the issue in this environment.

3. I've checked the issue not fixed in v6.50.5806.

4. CPU-Z and HWiNFO apps have never had such a problem for me in Windows 10 and 11.

5. The Hyper-V enabling had affected functionality of VirtualBox (also of Docker and VMWare Workstation) in Windows 10. The problem was fixed in VirtualBox. But it was repeated in Windows 11. However, the issue has fixed in the latest release of VirtualBox.

22 hours ago, VodaVrot said:

Hi! Here are my comments.

1. More details on my environment:

• Boot Mode: UEFI boot
  • CSM: Disabled
  • Secure Mode: Disabled
  • TPM: Enabled (But BitLocker not used)
  • Hyper-V: Enabled (I use WSL2 and Windows Sandbox)
  • Memory Integrity: Disabled. I can't enable it because of incompatible drivers of Creative X-Fi and VirtualBox.
  • Hypervisor-Protected Code Integrity (HVCI): Disabled

2. The v6.33.5769 has no the issue in this environment.

3. I've checked the issue not fixed in v6.50.5806.

4. CPU-Z and HWiNFO apps have never had such a problem for me in Windows 10 and 11.

5. The Hyper-V enabling had affected functionality of VirtualBox (also of Docker and VMWare Workstation) in Windows 10. The problem was fixed in VirtualBox. But it was repeated in Windows 11. However, the issue has fixed in the latest release of VirtualBox.

Thank you for the info!  Any kind of virtualized environment or sandboxing could affect AIDA64 to measure CPU core clock properly.  So it's best to disable them all if you can.

• 5 months later...