Difference between Sensor Panel and LCD

SpeedyV

I am learning about how to build and use custom Sensor Panels in AIDA64. This may be a very basic question, but I don't understand the difference between a "Sensor Panel" and an "LCD" in the Preferences menu. I Googled some of the supported LCD's and think the difference is the LCD panels connect via USB only. They do not have a video input. Is this correct?

I have 2 internal LCD screens in my latest build. One is an Ingcool 7" display that is 1080x600. The other is a FormulaMod clone of a Barrowch FBEHD-01 which is 1920x400. Both are video displays that require an HDMI video signal. I have built custom panel layouts in Aquasuite for both of these but want to try it in AIDA64. For the 1920x400 panel, I downloaded some sensor panel files that are 1920x400 from this forum and imported them into Sensor Panel. I can edit, resize, and move the sensor panel around OK. I can connect the display to my GPU via HDMI and position the Sensor Panel so it appears on this display. So far so good.

When I click on Preferences - LCD I see a bunch of tabs appear for all the various LCD's that AIDA supports (so far). Neither of my LCD panels are listed. I suspect they are not listed because they are video displays and require an HDMI video signal to function, whereas the devices listed in the LCD  tabs do not have a video input. The interface is USB. So if I want to have an LCD in AIDA, I need to use one of the listed devices or send a USB dump and request that support be added. If I get a supported LCD, can I have the Sensor Panel display on a display connected via HDMI while having a totally different USB based LCD with a completely different layout?  Is this correct?

Thanks!

On 11/15/2021 at 1:38 AM, SpeedyV said:

I am learning about how to build and use custom Sensor Panels in AIDA64. This may be a very basic question, but I don't understand the difference between a "Sensor Panel" and an "LCD" in the Preferences menu. I Googled some of the supported LCD's and think the difference is the LCD panels connect via USB only. They do not have a video input. Is this correct?

I have 2 internal LCD screens in my latest build. One is an Ingcool 7" display that is 1080x600. The other is a FormulaMod clone of a Barrowch FBEHD-01 which is 1920x400. Both are video displays that require an HDMI video signal. I have built custom panel layouts in Aquasuite for both of these but want to try it in AIDA64. For the 1920x400 panel, I downloaded some sensor panel files that are 1920x400 from this forum and imported them into Sensor Panel. I can edit, resize, and move the sensor panel around OK. I can connect the display to my GPU via HDMI and position the Sensor Panel so it appears on this display. So far so good.

When I click on Preferences - LCD I see a bunch of tabs appear for all the various LCD's that AIDA supports (so far). Neither of my LCD panels are listed. I suspect they are not listed because they are video displays and require an HDMI video signal to function, whereas the devices listed in the LCD  tabs do not have a video input. The interface is USB. So if I want to have an LCD in AIDA, I need to use one of the listed devices or send a USB dump and request that support be added. If I get a supported LCD, can I have the Sensor Panel display on a display connected via HDMI while having a totally different USB based LCD with a completely different layout?  Is this correct?

Thanks!

SensorPanel is only suitable for such external screens that appear as monitors under Windows.  Typically such devices are connected via DSub, DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort interface.  However, for a few years now there're also USB Type-C connected monitors as well, so I cannot state specifically that any USB screens are non-monitors anymore :)

As for the AIDA64 LCD module: the devices supported there are non-monitor devices.  So when you connect those to your PC (typically via USB), they don't appear as a secondary monitor, and you cannot extend the Windows Desktop to those screens.