having some issues since updating to Z590 from Z490 no sensors

Mrmike
Go to solution Solved by Fiery,

Hey Fiery 

I made a bit of a mistake 8 months ago having bought pcie4 m.2 ssd, having a pcie 4 gpu and not realising through my own fault by not doing further indepth research that pcie4 only works with 11th gen CPU and boards i bought 10th in error, 

Ive now updated to a GIGA Aorus Z590 master from a Z490 pro ax  and today somepoint a 11th gen cpu will go in when it arrives,  (10th still in for now) have migrated over as boards and bios almost identical,   OS booting fine all programs, games booting fine

since reload ive lost the ability to tie up sensors from my existing panel and config    some of my pwm fans have change positions obviously,  

In my Bios  i have all my EC temps pump rpm  fans etc showing as before,  but now in Aida when i go to modify them there not there

same with DImm temps  there ticked still in the preference menu,  cant find pump rpm and utilisation at all,  

will add some pics shortly.

im a bit lost as usually its just a case of modifying them to there new location etc  

or is there something simple im missing? 

thanks

Mike

summary is  ive lost 

all chassis fans rpm

EC temps

Dimm temps

PCH temp

VRM temp

Pcie x16 temp

Pcie x16 temp

Pcie x8 temp  (no change is z590 has 3 pcie lanes z490 3 x16,x8,x8 different)

Dimm Voltage

12v psu   (only change from z490 is now 2x8pin  instead of 8+4) 

everything showing on HWINFO64

I have sent you the report it requested anonymously as it was easiest! 

On 11/29/2021 at 9:34 AM, Mrmike said:

Hey Fiery 

I made a bit of an error 8 months ago having bought pcie4 m.2 nvme having a pcie 4 gpu and not realising through my own fault in not doing in depth research that PCIE4 only works with 11th gen CPU and boards i bought 10th, 

Ive now updated to a GIGA Aorus Z590 master from a Z490 pro ax  and a 11th gen cpu,   have migrated over as boards as bios almost identical,   OS booting fine all programs booting fine

But since reload ive lost the ability to tie up sensors from my existing panel and config    some of my pwm fans have change positions obviously,  

In my Bios  i have all my EC temps pump rpm  fans etc showing as before,  but now in Aida when i go to modify them there not there

same with DImm temps  there ticked still in the preference menu,  cant find pump rpm and utilisation at all,  

will add some pics shortly.

im a bit lost as usually its just a case of modifying them to there new location etc  

or is there something simple im missing? 

thanks

Mike

as you can see no options for PCIE lane temps, dimms, EC1 

• Mrmike changed the title to having some issues since updating to Z590 from Z490 no sensors
  • Solution
13 hours ago, Mrmike said:

guess i wont be getting any reply either!  

programs now pretty useless!  will have to move onto one that works over the holidays till perhaps things work!!

all missing elements shown here on hwinfo64

You seem to be using an old version of AIDA64.  Make sure to upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know if it helps.

• Thanks 1

the twice i tried to update before seems they werent over writing the files in the program folder,   ive manually done it and seems to of solved it,   

but has left my panel needing re doing in parts, can live with that thanks for the reply 

Mike

On 12/3/2021 at 8:06 PM, Simon Collinson said:

Hi Mike, 

Can you link the HWiNFO items onto a external display? Having the same problem, just upgraded to Alder lake-s 12700k and asus z690-A. got hardly any sensors showing, so it's pretty useless now. 

Untitled.jpg

Hi Simon

can be done with a raspberry pi and external monitoring,  but try download the beta above that Fiery posted,   

but make sure you extract the files inside the Aida64 program x86 folder on your C drive  then exit reboot should be all good