SensorPanel. Aida64 crash with low level pci sensor monitoring enabled

Victor Amani

22 hours ago, Victor Amani said:

Aida 64 crashes randomly while running sensor panel with low level pcie sensor monitoring enabled. (Gpu stats from this enabled) 
Im on windows 11 
Ryzen 5800x
Radeon 6700xt

is there a possible fix for this?

Screenshot_13.png

1) Are you using AIDA64 v6.60?

2) Please check if it works with PCI enabled but GPU monitoring disabled.  I suppose the issue occurs in the GPU sensor monitoring module, but it's hard to tell without going deeper.

It was working for an estimate of 4 hours with no crash. Then it did crash but this time the GPU. I'm running a multi monitor setup and what happens is crazy rgb pixels on my extended displays while the main freezes. The system then reboots to a damaged driver on the main display at 500x600 at which point i reinstall Amd graphics drivers everything goes back to normal. run aida64 after about 19 mins it will crash gpu and the cycle repeats.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/2/2022 at 9:17 AM, Victor Amani said:

@Fiery This issue still replicatable in6.60.5906

I'm afraid we still haven't been able to figure out why polling the GPU causes issues in the video driver.  We now avoid using any low-level GPU calls on AMD GPUs, but apparently the driver still cannot handle the calls we issue to it and sometimes goes nuts.  We believe this issue is a bug in AMD's video driver rather than AIDA64, and so make sure to report it to AMD too.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2021 at 4:47 AM, Victor Amani said:

It was working for an estimate of 4 hours with no crash. Then it did crash but this time the GPU. I'm running a multi monitor setup and what happens is crazy rgb pixels on my extended displays while the main freezes. The system then reboots to a damaged driver on the main display at 500x600 at which point i reinstall Amd graphics drivers everything goes back to normal. run aida64 after about 19 mins it will crash gpu and the cycle repeats.

I've experienced this several times over the last 9-10 days, Freezes will sometimes happen almost immediately after logging in with Aida64 Extreme set to start with my Windows 10 PC and minimize whilst pulling up the Sensor Panel onto my 2nd monitor, sometimes 8-15 min after and sometimes 4-8 hours afterwards with the longest I think being 28 hours before the error any sort of freezing. My 2nd monitor was the only one that had artifacts/pixelation as well and it was some of the strangest artifacting/pixelation I've come across that would also change colour when using the Windows key on the keyboard or when hitting CTRL+ALT+Del which baffled me. Audio if playing would continue to play for 10-15 seconds and then stop. Keyboard and mouse RGB profile continued as if there was nothing wrong and the system would either reboot eventually when unattended after X amount of time or I'd have to manual reboot it.

Happened to come across a site where aida64 was named as apart of a small group of programs that caused video issues pertaining to (amdkmdag+0x00000000018cdd04) from the bugcheck dump. All of which reportedly had fixes apart from Aida64. Searched for Aida64 crashing AMD GPUs and saw this. I'm thankful for you bringing this to Aida64's attention and saving me some of my sanity. 

For reference, this is my build

Gigabyte X570 Elite - Latest BIOS

3900X

6900 XT - Tried numerous drivers from the last 8 months. 

Windows 10 currently. Was on 10, moved to 11 then the issues occurred and so freshly installed Windows 10.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Has there been any update to this problem? I built my water cooled pc around August 2021 and have had random "Kernel power" crashes. With all the info online I could find it pointed to most of my hardware with gpu and psu possible culprits which by now Ive had replaced and rigorously tested the rest and only recently has this thread come to my attention. Im a little pissed that ive had to dismantle my pc a quite a few times to replace hardware and it more than likely is a communication bug between aida and the gpu. I was even planning to replace the sensor panel but am holding off to see if i get any crashes with the sensor option disabled.

Build

cpu - 5950

gpu 6900xt Aorus

Mobo:- Aorus x570s master

• 6 months later...

So it's been about 6 months since the lost post in this thread, but has anyone found a fix for this issue? I recently built a new PC with Asus B650-A, Ryzen 5 7600x, RX 6750 XT, and I have been getting these crashes for the past month. I thought it was RAM initially, so I ended replacing the 32gb of Kingston with 32gb of G.Skill, and continued to have this issue. I just reinstalled Windows and everything was working fine. I was able to play games without any crashes, until I reinstalled Aida64. I turned on my sensor panel, and within about 15 mins, my main screen went black, sensor panel was still visible for about 5 mins, then it froze and I had to manually reboot. But like I said, I had no issues until after reinstalling Aida64 and turning on my sensor panel.

Edit: After rebooting, everything is working fine, and I am able to play games, as long as Aida64 is not running. Also, before I reinstalled Windows, I had tried several different AMD drivers, updated bios and all of my system drivers. This issue seems to get worse everytime I attempt to run Aida64. Then it finally gets to the point where my system will crash within 10 mins of loading any games.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Heya, had it working then updated my bios on the ASUS 670E Extreme to bios 1415 and this seems to have happened to me.
GPU's
7900xtx and a 5700xt 

Now the low level PCI causes blue screens or AIDA64 to crash before the sensor panel appears.

Ok so my fix was...

To turn off the integrated graphics on my 7950X3D cpu in bios.

And Ensure bios option "OS type" was set to "Other OS". And not "Windows UEFI mode"

Aida64 then returned to working with.... most fetures there. At least PCI interface works and I can see my main GPUs stats.

Hope this helps.