Sensor information through Sata III Marvell Controller

Paul B

I have a Sandisk 480G SSD running through my Marvell Sata III controller on an EVGA X58 board. The disk runs fine and Aida sees it for smart data, but it does not show up on the OSD panel for temp. Is this because it does not have sensors?

Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild2045sng0t8xhwrzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

If it doesn't help, then please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Disk Debug --> ATA Dump. Copy-paste full results into this topic. Also right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Disk Debug --> SMART Dump. Copy-paste full results into this topic.

Thanks,

Fiery

Thank you for the data. For whatever reason your SanDisk SSD reports 128 Celsius as disk temperature. AIDA64 then hides that reading from the Sensor page, because it's an unrealistically high temperature that usually due to an inoperational temperature diode or a firmware issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it took a while to report back and thanks Fiery for taking a look at the dump. You were right it was a problem with the drive. At least a few of the Sandisk Extreme SSD's have this problem as Sandisk has told me they "have a few reports" of this happening. Probably a diode. I RMA'd the drive to the retailer and now have one recognized in AIDA and it runs between 25-27C.