Aida64 Extreme - High CPU idle temp

miked

Hey folks, I recently noticed my CPU (5900x) was idling quite warm after updating my sensor panel.  My regular CPU idle temps are high 30's to mid 40's and with Aida64 running it idles mid 50's to low 60's which is a bit concerning...I am using a 360 AIO and have a monster sized case with a lot of airflow.  Are there some settings in Aida64 I should be disabling to reduce the impact or something else I should be looking at?  Thanks.

Interesting.

I see virtually no difference in CPU temps with Sensor Panel active and with rig at idle (only default Windows applications running).

I see an increase in CPU usage for AIDA64 from fluctuating between .01% and .78% with AIDA64 running without Sensor Panel active, to between .01% and 1.94% with Sensor Panel active.

This is with Update Frequency for Sensor page, Sensor icons, and SensorPanel all set to 100ms.

Not sure if there is any setting other than Update Frequency that would cause higher CPU usage, which generally is what causes higher temps.

Yeah I found it a bit weird too...I wonder if it is all the graphics/gauges I am using on my panel?  It is a bit 'busy'. 

I'm currently idling at 42 with a few browser pages opened and Aida closed completely.  It wasn't until I recently started building a new Sensor panel I noticed the high temps.  I am going to turn on the logging and leave it for a bit, then shut logging off and back on to create a new log file and start Aida64 app and again leave it for a while just to see what the impacts are.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2022 at 10:11 PM, miked said:

Yeah I found it a bit weird too...I wonder if it is all the graphics/gauges I am using on my panel?  It is a bit 'busy'. 

I'm currently idling at 42 with a few browser pages opened and Aida closed completely.  It wasn't until I recently started building a new Sensor panel I noticed the high temps.  I am going to turn on the logging and leave it for a bit, then shut logging off and back on to create a new log file and start Aida64 app and again leave it for a while just to see what the impacts are.

also with 5900x with z73 360mm AIO, I remember I used to idle around 37c now with panel its 40-42c idle that could be down to the weather warming up .. room temp is 25c

I do notice with ryzen just little cpu usage it can spike and temps jump up and down quickly , ICUE was the worst with that since removed that 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/16/2022 at 4:45 AM, BeanZ said:

also with 5900x with z73 360mm AIO, I remember I used to idle around 37c now with panel its 40-42c idle that could be down to the weather warming up .. room temp is 25c

I do notice with ryzen just little cpu usage it can spike and temps jump up and down quickly , ICUE was the worst with that since removed that 

Yeah, nothing to do with weather where I am...it's still "winter" here (Canada) and my office room temp is set at 21c so the outside temp doesn't really influence my ambient temps. 

For surely Aida is pushing my temps up anywhere from 8c to 15c when I have it running.  Currently idle at 50c...Shut it down and my temp falls to 39c in less than 30 seconds (I have Aorus LCD display on my AIO).  Start it back up, and spike to 56, settles back again at 49c in about 15 seconds or so.  

I'm just coming to grips with a couple facts...1, I got a really bad chip...I mean, this 5900x runs so hot and benchmarks are terrible for it...even after trying negative offsets using pbo2 I am actually considering an RMA with AMD for it.  And 2, I can live with the increased temps because there is more value running Aida than not running it.

14 hours ago, Arctucas said:

Really strange.

So, two AMD CPUs (5900X) have temp increase with AIDA64 running, while my Intel (9900K) has no increase.

22 hours ago, miked said:

Yeah, nothing to do with weather where I am...it's still "winter" here (Canada) and my office room temp is set at 21c so the outside temp doesn't really influence my ambient temps. 

For surely Aida is pushing my temps up anywhere from 8c to 15c when I have it running.  Currently idle at 50c...Shut it down and my temp falls to 39c in less than 30 seconds (I have Aorus LCD display on my AIO).  Start it back up, and spike to 56, settles back again at 49c in about 15 seconds or so.  

I'm just coming to grips with a couple facts...1, I got a really bad chip...I mean, this 5900x runs so hot and benchmarks are terrible for it...even after trying negative offsets using pbo2 I am actually considering an RMA with AMD for it.  And 2, I can live with the increased temps because there is more value running Aida than not running it.

its just how zen3 are just small usage causes the cpu to spike and drop 

with Aida running my idle is 39-41c , with Aida closed idle 37-39c 

• 3 weeks later...

I used to idle at 37c with the 5900x with the z73 360mm AIO, but now with the panel it's 40-42c, which might be due to the weather warming up. The temperature in the room is 25 degrees Celsius.

I've noticed that even with little cpu utilisation on Ryzen, temperatures may fast rise and fall. ICUE was the worst with this, therefore it's been deleted. More SOlutions may be found on the internet web