AIDA64 ability to compare multiple client configurations

nofa93

Good day,

I am looking for a software to help me compare discrepencies between multiple clients machines. I have downloaded aida64 entreprise and it seems to fit my needs but I cannot find a way to compare multiple systems against each other in a way that i can easily find what is different from my pool of client machines.

Is aida64 capable of doing this, comparing different machine configurations in one "dashboard" view? I don't seem to have found how to do it from the trial version.

Can anybody help?

Yes, AIDA64 Business Edition does implement a feature that should be able to help you. You need to create a few CSV reports; or put the reports straight into a SQL database. Then load the reports into the AIDA64 Audit Manager (main menu / File / Audit Manager), and click on the "List 4 (Computer)" in the left tree menu. It will display all data for the computers in a chart. You can select the chart columns if you press the Preferences tool bar button, go to the Components tab, and tick the columns you wish to see.

Regards,

Fiery

Fiery,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried what you sugested and it works as you described. But let's say as an example, I did a report on two seperate machines to see which Applications are ran at start up. I generate both reports and loaded them in the audit manager but when I use the "List4(Computer)" option I do not see anything related to those programs. All i see if OS version, audio, video and such. I have even selected all available columns available under the preferences. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again.

Nevermind I got it now, I had missed clicked the required columns. But it is not very easy to distinguish the differences. As an example if I looked at all the auto runs, they are all under one column in one string. It is not obvious to find where the values are not identical. I dont see myself doing this to compare 20ish different clients.

Nevermind I got it now, I had missed clicked the required columns. But it is not very easy to distinguish the differences. As an example if I looked at all the auto runs, they are all under one column in one string. It is not obvious to find where the values are not identical. I dont see myself doing this to compare 20ish different clients.

I'm afraid an automatic comparation facility (that doesn't require visual inspection from the sysadmin) is not supported by AIDA64 :(

I was referring to something like a code compare where two entities are ran against each other and what is not identical, missing or moved is pointed out for your analysis.

Yes, I know, and I was referring to such thing as unfortunately not being implemented in AIDA64 ;)