Corsair AX1200i power supply

metroul

I am thinking about getting a new power supply and this is the one that is on the short list.

http://www.corsair.com/power-supply-units/ax-series-power-supply-units/ax1200i-digital-atx-power-supply-1200-watt-80-plus-platinum-certified-fully-modular-psu.html

It has a USB connection to the MB to input a lot of information about the power supply. It also comes with a software package, but I would like to use AIDIA to monitor the information.

Are there any plans to to integrate this or will it work out of the box?

I am thinking I just need to get it and see how it works.

Also, are there any plans to get the Antec/Asetek software for water cooling working with the software running? I have the Khuler 920 and would really like to monitor it on my G19 LCD while gaming.

Thanks,

Mike P.

Yes, we do have plans about supporting the Corsair Link interface. We've already requested Corsair to provide us with the necessary materials to do that, but so far they haven't sent us anything.

As for Asetek LC, it is already implemented in AIDA64 v2.60. Please check the following forum topic:

http://forums.aida64...pu-cooler-data/

Regards,

Fiery

but this:

Unfortunately the USB driver ChillControl installs and uses doesn't allow sharing the cooling device between multiple applications, so AIDA64 can only monitor the device when ChillControl application is not running; and ChillControl can only monitor the device when AIDA64 is not running. We'll try to come up with a better solution, but driver limiations may stop us finding a more useful way

Also even if my asetek software isnt running, the aidia software will drop the three readouts that I have set up for temp#1, fan #1 and pump #1. They just disappear.

Thanks,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

We've implemented support for Corsair Link sensor devices (including Link Commander, Commander Mini, H80, H80i, H100, H100i, H100i GT, H110i, H110i GT, and various Corsair Link capable PSU models) in the latest AIDA64 Extreme beta update available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Please note that since Corsair's own Corsair Link software is not synchronized with any other monitoring software, it is very important to make sure it is closed, and also that its background service is not running. It's best if you completely uninstall the Corsair Link software. Due to the special precautions required to use the new Corsair Link feature of AIDA64, it is disabled by default. You have to go to AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability, and enable (check) Corsair Link sensor support to activate the new feature.

Let us know how it works on your system. If you find any issues, please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> Corsair Link Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first. Also right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> USB PSU Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post.

• 1 month later...

Hi Fiery,

The options are not available under Business Edition. Is there a way to get the "Corsair Link" sensor support for Business edition?

Monitoring a AX1200i

Thanks.

Please send me your AIDA64 Business product key in private message, and I'll send you a download link to a new AIDA64 Business beta update that implements Corsair Link support.

It should work just fine. The new readings should appear on the Computer / Sensor page. They may overwrite other values, like +5V and +12V that are read via other sensor devices.

I can not tell the difference when looking at the senors page when the "Corsair Link" sensor flag is on or off. I sent the dumps above. The Corsair dump suggests there's no device although the link before noted the Corsair USB Dongle.

The USB PSU dump seems to suggest its getting readings from the PSU "ax1200ie".

Thanks.

The Corsair Link option in the Preferences will not affect your case, since your AXi PSU is not connected via a Corsair Link device, but directly using the USB dongle. And the sensor readings via the Corsair AXi PSU code should be present on the Sensor page. +3.3V, +5.5V and +12V rail current and power draw values should be there for example.

BTW, if you want to check the Sensor page values with and without using the AXi module, just right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> HWMon Modules --> Corsair AXi / HXi / RMi. You don't even have to restart AIDA64 to switch that option. But you may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

The Corsair Link option in the Preferences will not affect your case, since your AXi PSU is not connected via a Corsair Link device, but directly using the USB dongle. And the sensor readings via the Corsair AXi PSU code should be present on the Sensor page. +3.3V, +5.5V and +12V rail current and power draw values should be there for example.

BTW, if you want to check the Sensor page values with and without using the AXi module, just right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> HWMon Modules --> Corsair AXi / HXi / RMi. You don't even have to restart AIDA64 to switch that option. But you may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Thanks Fiery,

Understand the above.

Is there no capture of fan speed and temps of the AX1200i that is similarly presented to he Corsair software?

It would be great if the AIDA64 would present the actual device name and the outputs associated. Similar to the way AIDA64 does it with USB connected Power Management devices like an APC battery and PSU. (see attached)

Thanks.

post-29205-0-17556800-1456283127_thumb.jpg

There're 3 temperatures and 1 fan speed measured for AXi. They should all be displayed on the Sensor page, as PSU #1..#3 temperatures and PSU fan. The latter is only displayed when the fan is spinning.

AIDA64 doesn't represent sensor values per-device, but instead grouped by measurement type. So all temperatures are displayed under Temperatures for example.