Aida 64 not showing/detecting all Sensors

kilthro

Hello,

I just installed a brand-new Asus Crosshair VIII Extreme with Ryzen 9 5950x since my old Asus Rampage Extreme V died after many years and wouldn't detect the 5960x voltage.. RIP

Anyways, as I was reconfiguring my sensor panel for all the new hardware/platform, I noticed that very limited sensors are available in Aida 64 Extreme. This includes Core temps, various voltages, dimm temps etc.. I opened up HWINFO64 and can see all of them. I have attached a file demonstrating sensors HWinfo can see vs the sensor report in Aida 64. I did double check for updates it shows me running the current 6.75.6100 built on 7/18/2022. 
Not sure if this is a bug in the software or hardware info needs to be added to it.
I am on windows 10 Pro 10.0.19043 if that matters. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
hwinfo_crosshairvii_extreme_sensors.pdfSensors_Asus_Crosshair_VIII_Extreme.htm

14 hours ago, kilthro said:

Hello,

I just installed a brand-new Asus Crosshair VIII Extreme with Ryzen 9 5950x since my old Asus Rampage Extreme V died after many years and wouldn't detect the 5960x voltage.. RIP

Anyways, as I was reconfiguring my sensor panel for all the new hardware/platform, I noticed that very limited sensors are available in Aida 64 Extreme. This includes Core temps, various voltages, dimm temps etc.. I opened up HWINFO64 and can see all of them. I have attached a file demonstrating sensors HWinfo can see vs the sensor report in Aida 64. I did double check for updates it shows me running the current 6.75.6100 built on 7/18/2022. 
Not sure if this is a bug in the software or hardware info needs to be added to it.
I am on windows 10 Pro 10.0.19043 if that matters. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
hwinfo_crosshairvii_extreme_sensors.pdfSensors_Asus_Crosshair_VIII_Extreme.htm

1) Individual core temperatures are only supported by Intel processors.

2) DIMM thermal sensor support has to be enabled in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability in order to have DIMM temperatures measured.

3) On top of that, you need to enable the following 2 options (in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability) as well to have all sensor readings unlocked for Crosshair VIII Extreme:

- Embedded Controller (EC) support
- Embedded Controller (EC) bank switching

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. 

For the core temps, is this just a limitation of your software? HWINFO detects core temps just fine.

HWINFO_ryzen_coretemps.JPG.34fb54666367f92bbe67216c202a3806.JPG

Thanks for the additional settings. I did get the DIMM thermal options.  The Embedded Controller EC support was already enabled. I did enable the bank switching. It added a few items. Was hoping to get some of the additional current readings that are available. 

• 1 year later...

I have a similar issue in that HWInfo64 shows my cyberpower UPS but aida64 extreme can't see it.  It does however show my apc ups.  I'm trying to add the cyberpower to my sensor panel but came up empty.

Any suggestions?  Do I need to create a sensor panel using HWinfo64???