AIDA64 upscales the SensorPanel display size to match the primary monitor's scale.

dcd-aida64
Go to solution Solved by dcd-aida64,

PROBLEM STATEMENT

1. AIDA64 upscales the SensorPanel based on the scale of the main monitor, 150%.
  2. AIDA64 changes the SensorPanel's resolution Preference from 1280x800 to 1920x1200.
  3. AIDA64 displays the SensorPanel on the primary display even though the SensorPanel was moved to the 2ndary display an locked there.
  4. After modifying the SensorPanel size Preference back to 1280x800, AIDA64 continues to upscale the SensorPanel even though the same .sensorpanel file is imported.
  5. AIDA64 is ignoring the SPWIDTH and SPHEIGHT within the .sensorpanel configuration.

DETAILS

I have a Dell ultra-wide 5120x2160 monitor and a Jonsbo D41 LCD screen 1280x800 (which I use for the SensorPanel).

Windows 11 Display Settings

• Multiple Displays
    • Remember windows location based on monitor connection
    • Extend these displays (Monitor 1 (Dell monitor) extends to Monitor 2, the Jonsbo LCD screen)
  • Display selection
    • Monitor 1:  Dell monitor (see settings below)
    • Monitor 2:  Jonsbo LCD display (see settings below)
  • Graphics Card
    • Monitor 1:  Intel ARC A770 Limited Edition (discrete GPU) (Display Port)
    • Monitor 2:  Intel ARC A770 Limited Edition (discrete GPU) (HDMI [only])
  • Dell Monitor Display Settings (main display)
    • Scale:  150% (recommended)
    • Display resolution:  5120x2160 (recommended)
    • Display orientation:  Landscape
  • Jonsbo LCD Display Settings (2nd display)
    • Scale:  100% (recommended)
    • Display resolution:  1280x800 (recommended)
    • Display orientation:  Landscape (flipped)

AIDA64 Sensor Panel Preferences (Reference the attached aida64_NM1QXpGKwR.png file attached.)

• Show SensorPanel:  Yes
  • Keep SensorPanel the topmost window (always on top):  Yes
  • Prevent SensorPanel from being minimized:  Yes
  • Lock panel position:  Yes
  • Lock panel size:  Yes
  • Enable context menu:  (Yes for now, but once stabilized, I will turn this off)
  • SensorPanel background color:  [Black]
  • SensorPanel transparency:  0%
  • SensorPanel size:  1280x800

The 2nd line of the SensorPanel file, "David Update 2023-07-16.sensorpanel" (attached), states the following:

• <SPWIDTH>1280</SPWIDTH><SPHEIGHT>800</SPHEIGHT><SPBGCOLOR>0</SPBGCOLOR>

With the Scale of the main monitor set to 150% and even though the SensorPanel size is locked to 1280x800 and placed on 1280x800 display, as soon as I restart my system or I import the sensorpanel config again, the SensorPanel Preferences changes the size to 1920x1200.  (Reference the attached aida65_KoRgFsqL8.png.)  Not only that, when the SensorPanel displays after a reboot, it displays on the main display, not the 2ndary display despite the fact that I moved it to the 2ndary display and locked it there.

I've also tried using a combination of the integrated GPU on the Intel i9-13900K display for the LCD panel, but the same problem exists.

aida64_NM1QXpGKwR.png

aida64_KoRgFsqjL8.png

1789758428_DavidUpdate2023-07-16.sensorpanel

On 7/17/2023 at 8:59 PM, dcd-aida64 said:

PROBLEM STATEMENT

1. AIDA64 upscales the SensorPanel based on the scale of the main monitor, 150%.
  2. AIDA64 changes the SensorPanel's resolution Preference from 1280x800 to 1920x1200.
  3. AIDA64 displays the SensorPanel on the primary display even though the SensorPanel was moved to the 2ndary display an locked there.
  4. After modifying the SensorPanel size Preference back to 1280x800, AIDA64 continues to upscale the SensorPanel even though the same .sensorpanel file is imported.
  5. AIDA64 is ignoring the SPWIDTH and SPHEIGHT within the .sensorpanel configuration.

DETAILS

I have a Dell ultra-wide 5120x2160 monitor and a Jonsbo D41 LCD screen 1280x800 (which I use for the SensorPanel).

Windows 11 Display Settings

• Multiple Displays
    • Remember windows location based on monitor connection
    • Extend these displays (Monitor 1 (Dell monitor) extends to Monitor 2, the Jonsbo LCD screen)
  • Display selection
    • Monitor 1:  Dell monitor (see settings below)
    • Monitor 2:  Jonsbo LCD display (see settings below)
  • Graphics Card
    • Monitor 1:  Intel ARC A770 Limited Edition (discrete GPU) (Display Port)
    • Monitor 2:  Intel ARC A770 Limited Edition (discrete GPU) (HDMI [only])
  • Dell Monitor Display Settings (main display)
    • Scale:  150% (recommended)
    • Display resolution:  5120x2160 (recommended)
    • Display orientation:  Landscape
  • Jonsbo LCD Display Settings (2nd display)
    • Scale:  100% (recommended)
    • Display resolution:  1280x800 (recommended)
    • Display orientation:  Landscape (flipped)

AIDA64 Sensor Panel Preferences (Reference the attached aida64_NM1QXpGKwR.png file attached.)

• Show SensorPanel:  Yes
  • Keep SensorPanel the topmost window (always on top):  Yes
  • Prevent SensorPanel from being minimized:  Yes
  • Lock panel position:  Yes
  • Lock panel size:  Yes
  • Enable context menu:  (Yes for now, but once stabilized, I will turn this off)
  • SensorPanel background color:  [Black]
  • SensorPanel transparency:  0%
  • SensorPanel size:  1280x800

The 2nd line of the SensorPanel file, "David Update 2023-07-16.sensorpanel" (attached), states the following:

• <SPWIDTH>1280</SPWIDTH><SPHEIGHT>800</SPHEIGHT><SPBGCOLOR>0</SPBGCOLOR>

With the Scale of the main monitor set to 150% and even though the SensorPanel size is locked to 1280x800 and placed on 1280x800 display, as soon as I restart my system or I import the sensorpanel config again, the SensorPanel Preferences changes the size to 1920x1200.  (Reference the attached aida65_KoRgFsqL8.png.)  Not only that, when the SensorPanel displays after a reboot, it displays on the main display, not the 2ndary display despite the fact that I moved it to the 2ndary display and locked it there.

I've also tried using a combination of the integrated GPU on the Intel i9-13900K display for the LCD panel, but the same problem exists.

Please note that it's quite difficult to solve this issue on our side.  To let you get a bit of insight into the problem: SensorPanel is a window, and a part of the AIDA64 main process.  All windows belonging to the AIDA64 process share the same DPI configuration.  So when you move a window (e.g. the SensorPanel) away from the main window, it will still keep (inherit) the same DPI setting that all AIDA64 windows share.  So when your main monitor (where you launch AIDA64) has a 150% DPI setting, the SensorPanel will also use that.  The SensorPanel will look and act the same on your main display and your secondary display even if the latter has a different DPI setting.  It would require a lot of work on our part to make sure all AIDA64 windows (incl. the SensorPanel) can dynamically resize and follow DPI changes when they are moved from one display to another.  We're committed to do the job, to make our homework, but sadly it will take more time than what we originally estimated on it :(

I wanted to share this process with you that kind of works as a workaround.

1. Leave the Scale of the main display at 150%.
  2. Close AIDA64.
  3. Change the main screen's Scale to 100%.
  4. Start AIDA64, enable the Sensor Panel, then move the Sensor Panel to the secondary display.
  5. Change the main screen's Scale back to 150%.

AIDA64 doesn't honor nor recognize that the main display's Scale has changed from 100% to 150%, so the AIDA64 application's font remains at 100% and the Sensor Panel displays correctly.

I'm working with the Advanced Properties of an AIDA64 shortcut so that AIDA64 doesn't recognize the Scale at all.

AIDA64 should have an option in preferences to select a display affinity for the Sensor Panel.  That way, while AIDA64 displays with the correct Scale of the main display, the AIDA64 Sensor Panel would recognize and display the Sensor Panel at the Scale of the second display.

Edited by dcd-aida64
Fixed a typo.

• Solution

FOUND A SOLUTION

Here's the steps I followed.

1. Change the main display Scale to 100%.  (This step may not be necessary, but I did it anyway to rule out any issue with application scale.)
  2. Go to this folder:  C:\Program Files (x86)\FinalWire\AIDA64 Extreme\
  3. Right-click on AIDA64.EXE and select Properties.
    1. Select the Compatibility tab.
      1. Select "Change high DPI settings"
      2. Select the bottom option and change it to: "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by: System (Enhanced)."
      3. Click OK to close the tab's setting
    2. Click OK to close the Properties.
  4. Set the main display Scale to 150%.
  5. Run AIDA64.

I tried this and it works!  I rebooted my desktop, opened AIDA64, and the sensor panel displayed on the 1280x800 LCD panel in the correct font size!  Since I had disabled "Load AIDA64 at Windows startup", I enabled this option, rebooted, and it still works fine.

The one thing I cannot tell, and I'm not sure I want to experiment with this, is that the AIDA64 application font appears to remain unscaled, that is, it's not respecting the main display's Scale of 150%, but instead, is remaining at 100%.  For me, that's not a problem as I am only using AIDA64 for the Sensor Panel.

Edited by dcd-aida64
Added text; completed testing and reported results.
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...