AiDA v6.90 System Stability Test BUG

Cleanhead

Hello,

when trying to start the System Stabilty Test from tray menu- >  tools - nothing happens

sorry for reporting this so late, it was already not working since (at least) the BETA before v6.88.6441

Edit: All other tools start just fine, ex AIDA64 CPUID etc.
OS: Win 11 Pro for Workstations, 22H2, Build 22621.1992 - Kernel Protection disabled (for accurate CPU/Kernel Mhz measurements)

13 hours ago, Cleanhead said:

Hello,

when trying to start the System Stabilty Test from tray menu- >  tools - nothing happens

sorry for reporting this so late, it was already not working since (at least) the BETA before v6.88.6441

Edit: All other tools start just fine, ex AIDA64 CPUID etc.
OS: Win 11 Pro for Workstations, 22H2, Build 22621.1992 - Kernel Protection disabled (for accurate CPU/Kernel Mhz measurements)

That could happen when the System Stability Test window is already open but falls out of the visible area of the Windows Desktop.  Can you open the System Stability Test from main menu / Tools?

Hello Fiery,

well now it get's really weird...

1) I tried the suggestion from you (main/tools) -> works
2) After i closed all AiDA64 windows and tried tray/tools -> works
3) Reboot
4) Tried tray/tools -> not working
5) Tried main/tools -> not working aswell

now what? lol

btw. the out of visible desktop area i can rule out because when the stability test is in fact opened, it still shows the AiDA64 taskbar icon. So does every other tool that gets started and they start every time with no issues. When it's not working/loading, there's no taskbar icon either so unfortunately it seems to be not such an easy diagnosis.

Setup: I have 2 monitors (DP) connected, 1 on my GPU (NVidia GTX 1070 Ti), 1 on my iGPU (Intel UHD 630) and a TV via HDMI also the iGPU - in case that helps

EDIT

Ok i found the problem:

i used to start aida64.exe from a batch file via https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html and the -hidden flag, which seems to f*ck smth up with the process or whatever. I changed the batch file to start /D aida64.exe and after a reboot the system stability test was started fine right away from the tray menu. Since i doubt that anyone else uses this kind of method i would assume it's safe to close this "bug" as resolved ;)