fixed: AIDA64.exe - No Disk

Gatorback05

Hey everyone, 

I just started using Aida and will say that it is a great program.  I do however have an issue.  Every time i open Aida64 and go to preferences an error occurs saying Aida64.exe - No Disk.  Anyone have any ideas on the issue? I have tried to search the forums but to no avail.  However, if there is a topic on this i do apologize to the whole community for a multi-topic.

Thanks in advance.

I suppose the message comes up when AIDA64 tries to enumerate the local disk drives.  Do you have any removable disk drives (apart from optical drives) in your system?  Such as floppy drive, ZIP drive, tape drive, or a card reader.  If yes, then try to insert a media in the drive, and see if it makes the error message come up or not.

Regarding the same error message mentioned above ... I'm a 2nd level computer support person/programmer and would like to buy the engineer license to use for my client's systems.  However, I don't have much faith in the product if you can't fix a simple bug like bypassing volume checks on empty card reader slots.  I was using the trial version and had to click on "cancel" twelve times for each item I wanted to add to the OSD, Gadget, LCD or Sensor panels.  It is clearly caused by my four empty card-reader slots.   This is happening because your programmers have put the volume (or drive) check at the entry to the panel setup screens instead of at the addition of a specific drive item where it belongs.  That way it would only popup an error if you were trying to add a drive that was actually empty.  I'm waiting to see if this can be fixed before I spend $149.  I'm sure a lot of other users have card readers and the same issue but are too complacent to bother trying to get a fix.  It should be fairly simple to bypass USB drive types which is how card-readers are attached.  Or just move the calls in the code to check the volume/drive when a user is adding a drive to a panel.  So where do you stand on this issue???

Also in addition to my comment above ... the error occurrs also when you try to modify ANY item in one of the OSD, Gadget, LCD or Sensor panels.  This happens on each item you add or modify - regardless of whether it is a "drive" item or not.  Waiting for an answer or hopefully a fix ???

Many AIDA64 users (including me, actually) have card readers in their desktop or mobile computers, and so far we haven't got any similar bug reports to yours.  So we need to find out what's different in your system.  Please let us know what motherboard, card reader and operating system do you have.  We'll make sure to fix this issue, so you could use AIDA64 without any such error messages.

In response to your questions I have an ASUS Rampage IV Extreme m.b. with the latest UEFI BIOS (ver 3504), a Koutech IO-RCM620 USB 2.0 3.5" Card Reader, and running Win 7 Pro. 64-bit - all updates.  No other software (including the OS) has ever had problems seeing the card reader slots.  It is too awkward to populate all readre slots just to appease your program because I'm not about to purchase a Sony mem stick or a microdrive.  I do have an SD and xD which cuts the number of error messages down to six.  But that's six times every ime I edit or add an item to any panel type.  THX

Thank you for the info.  We've tried it with several card readers that were lying around in our labs, and also with quite a few notebooks and HTPCs, but none of them produced an error message with AIDA64.  Can you please send us a bit more info on your card reader?  The most interesting one would be the USB hardware ID that you can find either in the Device Manager, or on the Devices / USB Devices page in AIDA64.

Also, if possible, please post a screen shot of the error message.  Quite frankly, the last time we saw such an issue about polling removable media drives was under Windows NT 4.0 and was about Zip drives -- quite a long time ago.

BTW, the disk size and free disk space detection code in AIDA64 are (or let's just say: designed to be) exception proof, and so the calls shouldn't produce any Windows error messages or popups, even when there's no disk or media inserted in the removable media slots.  It's not the code in AIDA64 that is designed improperly, but there must be something else that causes the issues on your system.  We will do everything we can to make sure the issue is fixed, so you can be assured to purchase a flawless product.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting this too now, for every empty slot in my cardreader the 'no disk' dialog pops up 3 times on addin new item to the panel or sensor osd prefs. The cardreader is is a scythe card&floppy, identified as Y-E Data, Silicon Media R/W, device-id: 057B-0020

In windows disk manager the drives do show as removable/no media.

mobo happens to be asus too, this time M5G with latest bios(1707)

image of the error:

PLxUDIM.jpg

any way to solve this?

Regards, Darkje

I'm getting this too now, for every empty slot in my cardreader the 'no disk' dialog pops up 3 times on addin new item to the panel or sensor osd prefs. The cardreader is is a scythe card&floppy, identified as Y-E Data, Silicon Media R/W, device-id: 057B-0020

In windows disk manager the drives do show as removable/no media.

mobo happens to be asus too, this time M5G with latest bios(1707)

image of the error:

PLxUDIM.jpg

any way to solve this?

Regards, Darkje

Can you please post a full Scythe part number for your card reader?  We'll try to purchase one to perform test runs in our labs.

It's the Scythe YD-8V08-BK (http://www.scythe-usa.com/product/acc/018/ye8v08_detail.html)

Had to look it up myself, because I've had it for quite a while now, and just forgot. Never had this problem before, just now I decided to do some sensors for this mobo I started notincing this.

I figure it's not the reader itself or aida, but something else causing it, but just to find out what and attempt solving it would be nice.

edit: I down flashed to 1204, just to be sure the new 1707 bios wasn't the problem, but to no avail it remained the same.

Edited by Darkje

• 2 weeks later...

too soon, I'm afraid... it worked fine with next to none usb devices attached.

until I connected a usb device, in this case a tomtom nav device, then after updating it and disconnecting it, I had the errors back.

currently looking at what device it was last time, probably some ipaq or other nav device, bc it wasn't the tt.

maybe they mess up something with their usb driver?

I'll report back if I find out more.

Fiery,

I'm pretty sure it's something with the cardreader, I did a fresh install of w7x64-sp1, with absolutely nothing installed, fresh aida64 unzipped on my desktop and still had the prob, until I also disconnected the cardreader and front usb from the internal usb ports and then reconnected them one by one. After connecting the reader, the error started happening. So I restored my backup to test it on my current install, and it doesn't happen anymore with the cardreader disconnected.

it uses no special driver, but it does hog 4 drive letters.

regards, darkje

edit: the test I did was boot, start aida with the default sensor panel, insert a 16gb sandisk cruzer blade, use the tray icon to safely eject it, and then try to add a new item to the panel. result as described above...

This is also happening to me with the latest beta. Have to click continue about a dozen times before even geting into OSD items. Makes it unusable to try to change preferences. did same thing after a re-installation of AIDA and a restart. My card reader is an external lexar and is a USB 3.0 device and there are no cards in the reader Other specs in my sig.

yes! the reader can be connected again without the error popping up on adding a new item to the panel.

also tested inserting and removing other usb devices and so far it's fine, so I would say this counts as fixed!

great response on your part as always, so thanks!

Darkje

• 2 weeks later...