fixed: Exporting RemoteSensor LCD items no longer saves Hidden items

KC8DKT
Go to solution Solved by Fiery,

From time to time the NIC will change from 2 to 3 after changes in the bios so I keep 2 sets of items and unhid the one that's working and hide the one that's not.  This has always worked and saved when exported till I did this last update for aida64extreme700.

Was working on a new layout and had an access error and would not apply.  I did an export and closed that app.   After loading Aida I did Import, and everything hidden was missing from the Page of items.   Thought this may be from the "access error" so did some more testing.  I added 3 images and hid 2 then exported.   When I inported the 2 hihidden was missiong from the file again.

Guessing this is just a bug with the new update because I have been doing this for years without any problems.

11 hours ago, KC8DKT said:

From time to time the NIC will change from 2 to 3 after changes in the bios so I keep 2 sets of items and unhid the one that's working and hide the one that's not.  This has always worked and saved when exported till I did this last update for aida64extreme700.

Was working on a new layout and had an access error and would not apply.  I did an export and closed that app.   After loading Aida I did Import, and everything hidden was missing from the Page of items.   Thought this may be from the "access error" so did some more testing.  I added 3 images and hid 2 then exported.   When I inported the 2 hihidden was missiong from the file again.

Guessing this is just a bug with the new update because I have been doing this for years without any problems.

Now that I re read your message I have had this happen to me once or twice, but I don't remember if the items that I lost were hidden. I never figured out why it happened but it has not happened again. Try creating them from inside the sensor panel manager instead of right clicking on the panel and clicking new.   

Nope,  anything I have hidden when I export is gone when I import still.   Even a Static Labels.     I am on Win10 with Aida64 Extreme 7.00.6700.    I even did New and then Duplicated it 3 times.

I killed the Aida64 Dir and did a install of aida64extreme692 and it saved everything just fine.   Guess I will just skip this update and hope the next one does not have the problem.

Thanks for the help...

On 12/30/2023 at 9:20 PM, KC8DKT said:

Nope,  anything I have hidden when I export is gone when I import still.   Even a Static Labels.     I am on Win10 with Aida64 Extreme 7.00.6700.    I even did New and then Duplicated it 3 times.

I killed the Aida64 Dir and did a install of aida64extreme692 and it saved everything just fine.   Guess I will just skip this update and hope the next one does not have the problem.

Thanks for the help...

We've checked this and exporting and importing hidden items via the SensorPanel Manager works properly with AIDA64 v7.00.  What AIDA64 may skip now in terms of exporting the layout are items that have errors.  Errors could be for example incorrect gauge state images defined.

Going to update and play some more but do you know of ANY kind of error a "Static Label" could have?  This is what I did most testing with after I found the problem.   

Thanks for the help/info

5 hours ago, KC8DKT said:

Going to update and play some more but do you know of ANY kind of error a "Static Label" could have?  This is what I did most testing with after I found the problem.   

Thanks for the help/info

Can you please open your AIDA64 settings file (called AIDA64.INI) that you can find in the AIDA64 installation folder, find the SensorPanel-related lines (they start with HWMonSPItem=) and copy all of them into a separate text (.TXT) file and attach it to a post here?  We can then see if we can reproduce the export-import issues with your SensorPanel layout.

I put 7.00.6700 back on before doing this.

I killed all but Page 1

hit apply

I did 2 New labels

hit apply

Exported to no hide file

I then hid the 2nd one

hit apply

Exported to the Hide file

You can see the 2 labels are in the files but the <ID> is missing.  When I import the 2nd Item is just no longer shows in the LCD Item list in Aida64.

I have had 4 items for Up/Dw nic1,nic2,nic3,nic4,nic5 because just about every time I go into my mobo bios and change anything with my ddr5 it changes an IRQ or DMA and things get moved around.

Even going back 3 years the stuff is in the files but Aida64 just no longer shows anything that is hidden in the LCD Item list.

If you need anything else let me know.

NoHide.rslcd Hide.rslcd

• Fiery changed the title to Exporting RemoteSensor LCD items no longer saves Hidden items
  • Solution
1 hour ago, KC8DKT said:

I put 7.00.6700 back on before doing this.

I killed all but Page 1

hit apply

I did 2 New labels

hit apply

Exported to no hide file

I then hid the 2nd one

hit apply

Exported to the Hide file

You can see the 2 labels are in the files but the <ID> is missing.  When I import the 2nd Item is just no longer shows in the LCD Item list in Aida64.

I have had 4 items for Up/Dw nic1,nic2,nic3,nic4,nic5 because just about every time I go into my mobo bios and change anything with my ddr5 it changes an IRQ or DMA and things get moved around.

Even going back 3 years the stuff is in the files but Aida64 just no longer shows anything that is hidden in the LCD Item list.

If you need anything else let me know.

Thank you for the files.  Actually, everything is exported properly, it's the importing process that cannot deal with hidden items properly.  We will fix it in the next AIDA64 beta update.  I'll post a message into this topic once the new beta build becomes available for download.

• Fiery changed the title to fixed: Exporting RemoteSensor LCD items no longer saves Hidden items