Crash city (Application Error) w/ v3.00.2500

Psychor

Since upgrading to 3.0 AIDA64 (no hardware changes) it has crashed (Application Error) at least 3-4 times. Prior to upgrading to v3.0 I believe I was using the latest beta release and it was cugging along just fine - uptime of days with no crashes.

I'm running Win 8 Enterprise x64 and I did recently upgrade to NVIDIA's 320.18 driver release.

Faulting application name: aida64.exe, version: 3.0.2500.0, time stamp: 0x2a425e19
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16578, time stamp: 0x515fac6e
Exception code: 0xc0000025
Fault offset: 0x0008f2cf
Faulting process id: 0x18b0
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce61f45f41d5d3
Faulting application path: C:\Apps\AIDA64 Extreme Edition\aida64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 28443425-ce0b-11e2-beb6-c86000002806
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 
Faulting application name: aida64.exe, version: 3.0.2500.0, time stamp: 0x2a425e19
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0x00000000
Fault offset: 0x00000000
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: fc4a95db-ce04-11e2-beb6-c86000002806
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 5ea0b4e3-cdf8-11e2-beb6-c86000002806

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks.

1) Do you remember from which AIDA64 beta did you upgrade from?

2) What processor do you have in your PC?

Thanks,

Fiery

System specs are in my sig, but my CPU is an Intel 3930K. I wish I knew the version of the beta... but I do keep AIDA pretty well updated so I'd bet it was the latest beta before v3. Sorry.

Thank you.  Do you have any RAID arrays in your system, or any Logitech Gaming Keyboard (with a LCD) connected?

Where do you get the application errors?  Just by leaving AIDA64 running, they pop up?  Or do you browse between various AIDA64 pages, and sometimes the error comes up?

Thank you.  Do you have any RAID arrays in your system, or any Logitech Gaming Keyboard (with a LCD) connected?

Where do you get the application errors?  Just by leaving AIDA64 running, they pop up?  Or do you browse between various AIDA64 pages, and sometimes the error comes up?

No RAID arryas. I'm using a Razer Naga Epic mouse and a Filco USB keyboard. AIDA will just be running in the background, with OSD enabled, and then randomly crash (e.g., while browsing in the foreground). I am running Aquasuite 2012 with an Aquaero 5 but I've been using that with plenty of prior builds of AIDA without an issue.

Here's an odd one from the Event Viewer. Can't say I've seen this before.

Windows cannot access the file  for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program AIDA64 Extreme Edition because of this error.

Program: AIDA64 Extreme Edition
File: 

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action
1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
	- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
	- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
Error value: 00000000
Disk type: 0

Here's for hoping for a beta release to fix these issues.

We've made several modules of AIDA64 more solid by improving exception handling.  We've also disabled CPU throttling measurement by default.  Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild2505xh8pw4vstmzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,

Fiery

We've made several modules of AIDA64 more solid by improving exception handling.  We've also disabled CPU throttling measurement by default.  Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,

Fiery

Thanks. Updating through AIDA64 now. I'll let you know.

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,

Fiery

So far so good in terms of crashes but give me a couple of days.

On another note... icons are either corrupted or no longer being displayed properly (see screenshots).

post-2885-0-05655100-1370666570_thumb.jpg

post-2885-0-14084800-1370666574_thumb.jpg