incorrect download link

petrs

Fiery,

I do not understand why we have to download the trial version, when we have paid a license. So how can the user with a license to carry out a direct download of a zip file of the Business edition It is the only way of an update, when I can automate the process using my script.

PetrS

When you've got an AIDA64 Business installed on your system, and you've got a valid license, then you can use the automatic update facility to upgrade to new releases.  You don't need to deal with ZIP file downloads or upgrade process at all.  Same applies to other AIDA64 editions, of course.  As long as you've got a valid license, upgrading to new versions is done automatically.

We will include a workaround to enter product key or e-mail address to skip the form and jump to the download page for existing customers.

Fiery,

I do not understand why we have to download the trial version, when we have paid a license. So how can the user with a license to carry out a direct download of a zip file of the Business edition?  It is the only way of an update, when I can automate the process using my script.

PetrS

The condition for the automatic update process of our Business edition (which is purchased due to use of the command line) is an automatic update using just the command line. Is this available in the Business edition?

I am interceding for the download opportunity through the product key, not through the e-mail, because e-mail is in our institute (and in many other institutions) linked to buying person and not to IT administrators. Alternatively, the license could be linked to multiple e-mail addresses.

PetrS

AIDA64 Business shouldn't be updated without the administrator's intervention, because upgrading to a newer versoin may affect the whole network audit infrastructure built around AIDA64.  The upgrade process should always be done by the admin, who can QC the new AIDA64 update, to make sure it is flawless.  For this purpose alone, most AIDA64 Business customers rarely upgrade to new releases, and they tend to skip all beta updates as well.  And when they do upgrade, they prefer to perform the upgrade on their own computer, to let them check the new version out before rolling it out to the whole corporate network.

We will definitely need to improve the new way of handling AIDA64 Business downloads, and will of course incorporate your insights to make sure you can access the new download packages as easily as possible.  The whole "request a trial" procedure was designed for new visitors, who will try AIDA64 Business for the first time.  We'll make sure the system is also useful for returning visitors and existing customers.  As soon as new features and improvements are available, Mice007 will let you know here in this topic about it ;)