New LCD device support: LCDInfo USB13700 and USBD480

Fiery

We've added support for both LCDInfo LCD protocols, as described at:

LCDInfo USB13700

LCDInfo USBD480

You can enable the LCD device from AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / LCD. The only thing needed to enable this feature is having the LCD drivers (libusb0) installed, and the display to be connected to a USB port. You can verify if your device is compatible with AIDA64 by finding the device on the Devices / USB Devices page in AIDA64, and checking its Device ID. It should be one of the following IDs:

16C0-08A2 (USB13700)

16C0-08A6 (USBD480)

usb13700_top.jpg

It is recommended to use the latest firmware for your display.

You can find the new AIDA64 beta update at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

usbd480-wq43_back_web.jpg

Please let us know if you find any difficulties enabling or using this new feature. Also let us know if you've got another kind of LCD or VFD device that is currently unsupported by AIDA64. BTW, Crystalfontz LCD, POS VFD (customer display, pole display, table display), and Trefon LCD devices are also supported now by the latest AIDA64 beta.

Regards,

Fiery

• 6 years later...

I get "Error: LCD init failed"

I installed USBD480 drivers that I found here:
https://www.simhubdash.com/devices-driver-installation/ (USBD480_installer_win10.exe)

The USBD480 shows up in device manager as "USBD480 Libusb" under "libusb-win32 devices". Driver Provider: "libusb-win32". Device ID: USB\VID_16C0&PID_08A6&REV_0001&MI_00 (16C0-08A6). If I look at driver details I see C:\WINDOWS\system32\libusb0.dll and C:\Windows\syswow64\libusb0.dll as the driver files.

And ideas? Are there logs I can look at or forward?

Thanks,

- Mike

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2020 at 9:50 PM, yo2dog said:

I get "Error: LCD init failed"

I installed USBD480 drivers that I found here:
https://www.simhubdash.com/devices-driver-installation/ (USBD480_installer_win10.exe)

The USBD480 shows up in device manager as "USBD480 Libusb" under "libusb-win32 devices". Driver Provider: "libusb-win32". Device ID: USB\VID_16C0&PID_08A6&REV_0001&MI_00 (16C0-08A6). If I look at driver details I see C:\WINDOWS\system32\libusb0.dll and C:\Windows\syswow64\libusb0.dll as the driver files.

And ideas? Are there logs I can look at or forward?

Thanks,

- Mike

Driver details and hardware ID look correct.  Maybe it's because the manufacturer of your device updated the USBD480 firmware to one that's incompatible with the old firmware that we designed our USBD480 support around.

Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> System Debug --> USB Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

If it's possible, please also post a screenshot of the AIDA64 / main menu / File / Prerefences / Hardware Monitoring / LCD / LCDInfo page.

Thanks,
Fiery

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/3/2021 at 6:04 PM, simutec said:

Hello,

I am after some support with the USBD480-WQ43. It is something which we would very much like to use for our new product.

Does anybody know how I can get in touch with someone who can help?

Thank you.

Calum

It's me :) Let me know how can I help you either here on in private message.

• 4 months later...