LCD Panel improvements

Grestorn

I'd like to suggest a few small improvements for the LCD Panels:

• I like the new Arc Gauges available for the HTML Server and Arx Control panels. However, an easy to implement improvement would be to add a setting for the start angle. I.e. if you want the arc to start in the lower left area of the circle, you'd input something like 220 degrees (assuming 0 degree is the top spot and you count clockwise). 
  • Also, alternatively to the fully drawn arc, you could consider an option to render a small triangle, something like this: post-8473-0-91974300-1417602648_thumb.png
  • It would be great if you could change the orientation of the sensor bars to vertical. I realize that you can simulate that using a graph using a histogram display. But you cannot use seperate colors depending on the value that way and the sensor bar looks better, too. 

Thanks a lot and keep up the great work!

1) It's a great idea, we'll add that to the Arc Gauge configuration panel.

2) I'm not sure why such a triangle would be useful. Can you please explain?

3) You can already use vertical bars. Just configure the bar in a way that its width is less than its height ;)

Thanks,

Fiery

1) Nice :)

2) Well, it's just an alternate way to display. I know that it's always a compromise between implementation effort and gain. But some might like to have something like a gauge with hands, like on a classic car dash board. It's not really important to me, to be honest, but now that you got the basic routine, I could think of many different ways to display the gauge :)

3) ... oh my. You'll learn something new every day. Thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Fiery, 

in the light of the Panel I just created, I'd like to ask you for a rather simple but nice improvement...

Could you add a checkbox to all controls which allow value-dependent colors? This checkbox would be labeled "Smooth color transition". And, as the title suggests, it would make the colors fade into each other smoothly as the sensor value changes. 

The calculation for the RGB values dependent on the actual sensor value is quite straight forward.

That would improve the panel a lot and I'd be even more grateful to you :)

Hi Fiery, 

in the light of the Panel I just created, I'd like to ask you for a rather simple but nice improvement...

Could you add a checkbox to all controls which allow value-dependent colors? This checkbox would be labeled "Smooth color transition". And, as the title suggests, it would make the colors fade into each other smoothly as the sensor value changes. 

The calculation for the RGB values dependent on the actual sensor value is quite straight forward.

That would improve the panel a lot and I'd be even more grateful to you :)

We'll have to check how can that be rendered. Most likely it would be no problem to render it on the SensorPanel and on most external LCDs, but it may be difficult to achieve it with the HTML based LCD modules (Logitech Arx, RemoteSensor). We'll also have to check how can we combine that effect with the existing 3D effect.

• 3 weeks later...