fixed: AIDA64 won't detect all PCI Devices - most missing

Crashtest

all tested AIDA64 versions are unable to detect all PCI devices on my HP xw9400 based systems:

AIDA found only device on PCI bus 0 and 1 - rest (on bus 24,43,44,64,69,70,71,72,107) are missing; because of that, AIDA64 wont display any infos about installed GPU etc.

Systems:

HP xw9400 Board (OEM Version of Tyan S2915e)

Dual Opteron 2382 and Dual Opteron 2427

Windows 7 sp1 x64 and Server 2008r2 x64 sp1

PCI Device List AIDA64 vs SIV

aidabug_pcidevs_comp_l0oyo.png

PCI Device List AIDA64 vs Windows Device Manager

aidabug_pcidevs_comp_vuun5.png

I added:

- ACPIDUMP

- PCIDUMP

- DEVDUMP

and SIV-Dumps

well if I boot Windows PE based on NT 5.1 or 5.2 AIDA64 will report all devices !?

acpidump.txt

devdump.txt

pcidump.txt

SIV_ODIN.txt

Thank you for the dumps. I suppose the issue may be the fact that your system has multiple PCI bus segments. We'll have to come up with a workaround for such situations. If possible, please export the following Registry path out to a .REG file:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI

Rename the .REG file to .TXT, and attach it to a post.

well if I boot Windows PE based on NT 5.1 or 5.2 AIDA64 will report all devices !?

Maybe, but I'm not sure. It may worth a try. But please do the Registry export under Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2.

Thanks,

Fiery

Thank you for the dumps. I suppose the issue may be the fact that your system has multiple PCI bus segments. We'll have to come up with a workaround for such situations. If possible, please export the following Registry path out to a .REG file:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI

Rename the .REG file to .TXT, and attach it to a post.

Maybe, but I'm not sure. It may worth a try. But please do the Registry export under Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2.

Thanks,

Fiery

Here are the Registry Exports from both systems

reg_thor.txt

reg_odin.txt

• 2 weeks later...

So back to business:

I tested old (4.x) and current (5.0 final not current beta) AIDA64 versions on Windows NT 5.2 (PE 2005)  - AIDA64 found all !!!! PCI devices on both segments !

Reboot to Windows NT 6.0 (PE 2007) - only devices on bus 0 & bus 1

Reboot to Windows NT 6.1 (PE 2009) - only devices on bus 0 & bus 1

Reboot to Windows NT 6.4 (PE 2015 - current internal beta) - only devices on bus 0 & 1

againt test with older Windows, Windows NT 5.1 (PE 2004) - AIDA, both 4.7 and 5.0, found all devices

Result:

AIDA64 could find all devices as long as Windows is NT 5.x and not NT6.x

So it looks like a OSrelated AIDA64 Bug

(I will upload AIDA64 dumps from NT5x soon) 

here are the dumps

ps my simple delphi tool detect all devices even on Windows 10 using winring0 driver

simple

for bus:=0 to 255 do

for dev:=0 to 31 do

for func:=0 to 7 do

if ReadPCIConfigDword(Mix(bus,dev,func), 0) <>$ffff // checkin VendorID

begin

end;

I will check the "fix" later - but why enum PCIdevices by registry if theres is a working (NT5.x) enum by devicedriver ?

AIDA_PCI_BUG_NT52_DEVICEDUMP.txt

AIDA_PCI_BUG_NT52_PCIDUMP.txt

AIDA_PCI_BUG_NT52_REPORT.txt

By default AIDA64 scans only the first 8 PCI buses, for safety reasons. Many older systems could go wild if you try scannig 256 PCI buses. AIDA64 uses additional information from the Registry to find out whether the actual system may have more than 8 PCI buses with devices.

BTW, the code snippet you've quoted there has some other issues too ;) You're not supposed to scan all PCI functions of a device by default.