AIDA64 share memory issue (Koolance TMS-200)

D. J.

I have been using aida64 to display/mornitor my Koolance TMS-200 control settings for some time. Recently I discover that it sometimes loses the share memory function after the computer comes out from "SLEEP". This happens to all versions since the share memory function spported for the TMS-200. When it happens the registry values relating to the TMS-200 are no longer written. Restart the AIDA64 usually fix the problem.

System: Windows 7 64bit;

TMS-200 SW: 2.1.28 final;

AIDA64 SW: 1.30 and all beta versions.

Are you sure the issue is with AIDA64? Maybe TMS-200 software fails to update the shared memory content after waking up from sleep.

BTW, we've tested it with an Asus P8P67 motherboard and a TMS-200, under Win7 64-bit SP1, and this system doesn't seem to be affected by this issue.

Make sure you are using the latest Prolific drivers for the TMS, ver 3.3.11.152 dated 3/12/2010. Once you have it working and can identify which COM port it uses, try setting the COM port to "Fixed" in the Settings window for the TMS program. Are you using a motherboard USB header for your TMS or are you plugging it in to an external USB port?

You also should run Aida 1.6