VmWare Support

Michael O

Hello

I am a regular user of ESXi 6.0 from vmware and have a system that uses IMPI 2.0 for hardware monitoring.

I have a Nvidia 5200 quadro gpu in passthrough mode direct to a VM and Aida64 detects this, no problem.

However, it would be awesome if Aida64 had the ability to read IPMI sensor data so I can report back on cpu temps and fan speeds etc.

Is this on the roadmap?

IPMI Event Log and IPMI Sensor information are already detected on the Computer / IPMI page ;)

Regards,

Fiery

I see this, but since I am using a VM inside ESXi it does not show anything. I would have thought you would need to specify the IPMI interface IP address somewhere?

By default AIDA64 will use the IPMB driver if installed. If not, it will use KCS, and if it's not available, finally it will try to use SSIF. All those interfaces handle IPMI directly, not via network, so they're local interfaces. In theory I guess it may be possible to develop a special IPMB driver that works via TCP/IP, but I'm not sure if anyone did that already or not.

By default AIDA64 will use the IPMB driver if installed. If not, it will use KCS, and if it's not available, finally it will try to use SSIF. All those interfaces handle IPMI directly, not via network, so they're local interfaces. In theory I guess it may be possible to develop a special IPMB driver that works via TCP/IP, but I'm not sure if anyone did that already or not.

Thanks for the explanation. I guess that is the only way it will work if the host is vmware esxi, a real shame I can't add IPMI stats in this case.