Aida64 stability test

Hi,

I have a question regarding the AIDA64 stability test: when it is running the CPU Usage (the yellow line) occasionally drops to 0 and back up again. Is this as it should be?

I am running a I7-2600k, 8 GB Ram (1333 Mhz), Windows 7 64 Bit Premium.

greetings,

lead

That could either be because of some background process interfering with the AIDA64 System Stability Test, or due to issues with CPU utilization measurement. Please try to close as many background processes as possible, including Skype, Live Messenger, browser windows, Outlook, etc.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Is there and average run time for each phase of the stability test? I was running it there for about 3~4 minutes and it was still on the CPU phase. While I do expect it to take awhile I wasn't too keen on leaving my CPU run at 90degC for any longer than I had to.

Mike

Hi,

Is there and average run time for each phase of the stability test? I was running it there for about 3~4 minutes and it was still on the CPU phase. While I do expect it to take awhile I wasn't too keen on leaving my CPU run at 90degC for any longer than I had to.

Mike

90°C? After three minutes?

I can run the AIDA64 CPU stress all day and only hit around 65°.

Here is a screenshot of a 20 minute run, ambient room temperature about 24°.

You might want to look for a better cooling solution.

Anyway, if I am not mistaken, the stability test will run until you end it, or it fails.

As Arctucas stated, the System Stability Test will run forever, unless it finds a hardware issue or your computer fails in any ways (BSoD, sudden restart, power-off). Running the Stability Test for at least 12 hours is recommended. However, your computer has a serious thermal management issue. Processors are not meant to work beyond 70-80 Celsius. You need to improve the cooling solution, or you risk shortening the lifespan of your CPU :(

• 1 month later...

Hi, I got some problems with the stability test. After 20/30 minutes it's running my computer freezes!!

Here is my configuration:

MB: EVGA nforce 790i ultra

CPU: Q9450 @default

RAM: Corsair XSM3 DHX 1333 1GBx4

VGA: GTX570 Amp

HD: Maxtor 500gb

CASE: Thermaltake Soprano

PSU: Cooler Master Modular 850W

The cpu temparature is stable at 70C while the 4 cores at 60/63 degrees... Usually when the CPU temperature is too high the computer automatically restarts, it shouldn't freeze.

I also run 3dmark11 and unigine heaven 2.5 to stress the cpu and the vga but I never got troubles. I can run 3dmark11 for hours at performance level.

Hi, I got some problems with the stability test. After 20/30 minutes it's running my computer freezes!!

Here is my configuration:

MB: EVGA nforce 790i ultra

CPU: Q9450 @default

RAM: Corsair XSM3 DHX 1333 1GBx4

VGA: GTX570 Amp

HD: Maxtor 500gb

CASE: Thermaltake Soprano

PSU: Cooler Master Modular 850W

The cpu temparature is stable at 70C while the 4 cores at 60/63 degrees... Usually when the CPU temperature is too high the computer automatically restarts, it shouldn't freeze.

I also run 3dmark11 and unigine heaven 2.5 to stress the cpu and the vga but I never got troubles. I can run 3dmark11 for hours at performance level.

Have you tried other applications to get 'second opinion'?

Intel Burn Test, LinX, Prime95, OCCT are good options.

Also, I believe the CPU temperature should be lower than the Core temperatures. What do you have your TjMax set at?

Have you tried other applications to get 'second opinion'?

Intel Burn Test, LinX, Prime95, OCCT are good options.

Also, I believe the CPU temperature should be lower than the Core temperatures. What do you have your TjMax set at?

I tried 3dmark11 for more than 2 hours and the temperatures where not as high as with the AIDA64 stability test.

the core temperatures are lower than the cpu temp only in idle.

Anyway I'll try prime 95 or intel burn test to compare the results.

My tjmax is set on auto.

I tried 3dmark11 for more than 2 hours and the temperatures where not as high as with the AIDA64 stability test.

the core temperatures are lower than the cpu temp only in idle.

Anyway I'll try prime 95 or intel burn test to compare the results.

My tjmax is set on auto.

3DM11 is more of a graphics test (other than the CPU Physics).

Try LinX (be sure to get the latest binaries from Intel) using 21K problem size and set for 20 passes.

If it passes that, you are pretty much stable.

3DM11 is more of a graphics test (other than the CPU Physics).

Try LinX (be sure to get the latest binaries from Intel) using 21K problem size and set for 20 passes.

If it passes that, you are pretty much stable.

I installed prime95 and started the test... after 15 seconds the cpu temp was 75C!!!!!!! I don't think it's a safe temperature for my cpu. Maybe I should change my old heatsink and then restart a new test. What is strange is that overheating should cause a restart of the computer not a freeze.

Now I'll order a new cpu cooler and if I still have troubles I'll ask for help again.

Thanks for your help Arctucas

I installed prime95 and started the test... after 15 seconds the cpu temp was 75C!!!!!!! I don't think it's a safe temperature for my cpu. Maybe I should change my old heatsink and then restart a new test. What is strange is that overheating should cause a restart of the computer not a freeze.

Now I'll order a new cpu cooler and if I still have troubles I'll ask for help again.

Thanks for your help Arctucas

75° is not exceptionally hot.

Are you using the Intel stock cooler?

Have you checked to make sure the cooler is securely mounted?

Have tried cleaning and replacing the thermal paste?

75° is not exceptionally hot.

Are you using the Intel stock cooler?

Have you checked to make sure the cooler is securely mounted?

Have tried cleaning and replacing the thermal paste?

I read that the safe temp for my q9450 is 60/65C... Anyway I don't think that temperatures are the cause of the stability test freeze.

Yes I still have the stock cooler. I've ordered a new cooler which will arrive in 9/10 days. Maybe the stock cooler is not mounted in the right way or more likely the thermal paste must be replaced.

I'll clean and replace it as soon as the new cooler arrives.

I read that the safe temp for my q9450 is 60/65C... Anyway I don't think that temperatures are the cause of the stability test freeze.

Yes I still have the stock cooler. I've ordered a new cooler which will arrive in 9/10 days. Maybe the stock cooler is not mounted in the right way or more likely the thermal paste must be replaced.

I'll clean and replace it as soon as the new cooler arrives.

If you do not mind my asking, which cooler are you getting?

Looking forward to an update.

If you do not mind my asking, which cooler are you getting?

Looking forward to an update.

I got a Xigmatek Balder which should be quite performing and not too big. I don't think a bigger cooler could stay in my case.

Unfortunately it won't arrive before 15/20 days because here in Italy everything stops in August.

I'll run again prime95 and see if temps don't get too high.

EDIT: I started prime95 and after a minute my cpu temp was at 83°!!!

• 4 years later...

Hi all,

I have some serious problem with my computer.

When i star the Aida64 Stress Test after a few second my computer completly freeze and i only can restart with it with the power button.

My PC setup:

QuadCore AMD Phenom II X4 B45, 3020 MHz (15 x 201)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760  (2 GB)

SAMSUNG HD502HJ ATA Device  (500 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)

Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P

DIMM3: Kingston HyperX KHX1600C10D3/8G 4 GB DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM  (11-10-10-30 @ 800 MHz)  (10-10-10-30 @ 800 MHz)  (9-9-9-27 @ 720 MHz)  (8-8-8-24 @ 640 MHz)  (7-7-7-21 @ 559 MHz)  (6-6-6-18 @ 479 MHz)

DIMM4: Kingston HyperX KHX1600C10D3/8G 4 GB DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM  (11-10-10-30 @ 800 MHz)  (10-10-10-30 @ 800 MHz)  (9-9-9-27 @ 720 MHz)  (8-8-8-24 @ 640 MHz)  (7-7-7-21 @ 559 MHz)  (6-6-6-18 @ 479 MHz)

Hi all,

I have some serious problem with my computer.

When i star the Aida64 Stress Test after a few second my computer completly freeze and i only can restart with it with the power button.

My PC setup:

QuadCore AMD Phenom II X4 B45, 3020 MHz (15 x 201)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760  (2 GB)

SAMSUNG HD502HJ ATA Device  (500 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)

Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P

DIMM3: Kingston HyperX KHX1600C10D3/8G 4 GB DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM  (11-10-10-30 @ 800 MHz)  (10-10-10-30 @ 800 MHz)  (9-9-9-27 @ 720 MHz)  (8-8-8-24 @ 640 MHz)  (7-7-7-21 @ 559 MHz)  (6-6-6-18 @ 479 MHz)

DIMM4: Kingston HyperX KHX1600C10D3/8G 4 GB DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM  (11-10-10-30 @ 800 MHz)  (10-10-10-30 @ 800 MHz)  (9-9-9-27 @ 720 MHz)  (8-8-8-24 @ 640 MHz)  (7-7-7-21 @ 559 MHz)  (6-6-6-18 @ 479 MHz)

It means your system is not stable. You can try a lot of things to make it stable, like returning to default (stock) settings in the BIOS Setup or updating the BIOS. If that doesn't help, then it may still be quite a few components at fault, like RAM modules, motherboard or the power supply unit. Unfortunately diagnosing such issues remotely is not possible.