Beta 3958 & 3963 problems

djg

Hi Fiery,

While 3945 had no problems, in both 58 & 63 I'm getting only 3 out of 4 DIMM temperatures reported (A1 is missing, B1, C1 & D1 show), and in 63 the Memory & Cache and the GPGPU benchmarks and the CPUID tools will not open from the taskbar icon menu.

Asus Strix X99 Gaming MB, I7 6900K CPU, 4x G.Skill F4-3200C14-8GTZ DIMMs, Win 10 x64 1607 up-to-date.

Overclocked to 4600GHz DDR4-3400 stable.

Thanks!

DJ

We haven't altered the timing settings for Broadwell-E SPD SMBus, so there should be no difference between the way it works since Build 3917. We've seen such timing issues with heavily overclocked DDR4 modules. Can you please check if the memory modules are more stable at DDR4-2400 setting? (which is the default for your CPU)

As for the System Tray icon right-click menu, you're right, we'll fix that in the next AIDA64 beta update.

Thanks,

Fiery

OK, I reset all my DIMM settings to auto except voltages and same problem. See my OSD panel image. But I may have discovered a Windows 10 link.

I went back to 3945 and behold, only dimms B1, C1 and D1. I then also reset my CPU & cache speeds to auto and even worse, I only got C1 & D1. I have a secondary WIn 10 boot on a different SSD which I use for stress testing - I disable the RAID SSDs to prevent corruption during overzealous OC stress  testing. I consistently always get all 4 dimm temps no matter the OC with 3945. But this system does not have the latest Win 10 updates, only back to 08/31.

Very strange.

post-994-0-54191800-1474312855_thumb.png

It gets weirder! Beta 70 showed the problem. However I restored Windows from an image from Sep. 15 which had the problem, and now the problem is gone! I tried both betas 58 and 70, and they now reliably show all 4 including reboots. The one thing I will add in case it helps is that I have the TMP and TEMP variables pointing to another partition which was not restored. Since I now get all DIMMs I imagine if HWINFO64 had the same problem it would be gone too.

Thank you. Do you happen to have any other software or service running in the background that you reckon might also monitor DIMM thermal state? Or are there any kind of monitoring, tweaking or overclocking software, or remains of such software installed? Like AI Suite background service? ;)

Nope - I don't like Windows-based OC software, and Aida64 is my only monitoring app, as I'm aware of the possible conflicts. Unless Windows is doing something?. Changes in my Windows environment seem to be sort of linked to this weird behavior. But currently i get all four dimm temps.

Just the kind of headache you don't need :rolleyes:

Thank you. It's puzzling. I think we have to leave it as is now. If the issue returns, please check the DIMM temperatures and SPD memory details for all DIMMs using AIDA64 + CPU-Z + HWMonitor + HWiNFO64 as well, to check if this is a hardware collision that affects any software polling DIMMs, or a bug in AIDA64. And then please let us know about the results in this topic ;)