AIDA and aquaero

aruff

Hello,

I use a aquaero 5 LT and an aquaero 6 pro and an aquastream ultimate pump with controller in the same system.  I like to display some information on an external LCD.

When I look to the Sensor Page in AIDA it displays me obvious many information from the aquaero’s as expected.

It shows me 30 additional Temperature information (pic) and an “water” Temperatur and 4 “VRM” Temperatures. See Picture.

1. The two aquaero delivers each 8 temperature sensors.
What are the 14 in addition?

2. How can I identify those temperature sensors?
Temperature 1 to 30 is not a good information.

3. On what aquero does they reside, on what connector on the auqaero?
Can I determine this?

4. What are those sensors that have a 50° value?
I think they are the sensors that where not connected. I#m right?
And why then 50°

5. What is the “Water” Temperature?
Is it the ultimate sensor? If so, why can you determine this and not the other sensors?

6. The VRM temperatures are the aquerao 6 pro fan electronic modules temperature?
Why can you determine this?

7. The auqaero 5 does not produce this information?

8. By displaying the flow rate there are 9 sensors available, why?

9. Three of the flow rate sensors displays the virtual flow rate from the pump (not measured), and the other one is the flow rate of the additional physical sensor. Why is the pump displayed three times?

10. By looking on the fill level sensors, there are 3 sensors available, all three sensors display the same value. Why?

11. By displaying the rotational speed, here the pump rotation, there are three pumps available.
Same rotational speed because I have only one physical pump in my system.

I would give me a great pleasure to become explanation for these points.
Some of the quastions I have asked also Aquacomputer for explanation.
The short answer is, this you must ask AIDA, they read this information via USB out of our equipment.
The naming, sorting or whatever is the matter of AIDA.

30_temp.png

3_pumpen.jpg

durch.png

Edited by aruff
Wrong adition

1. The two aquaero delivers each 8 temperature sensors.

What are the 14 in addition?

Aquaero 5 and 6 devices actually have a lot more than 8 temperature sensor slots.  There are 16 misc temperature sensors, 8 internal and 8 external (Aquabus) of those. Then there're 8 soft sensors, 4 virtual sensors and 16 "other" sensors. AIDA64 will try to measure all those temperatures, but it (AIDA64) doesn't have an insight on how the Aquaero device actually manages those readings.  That's why AIDA64 will call those readings "Temperature #n". Since you have two of such complex Aquaero devices, it's quite difficult to sort the readings out, since AIDA64 doesn't (and cannot) indicate which reading comes from which device. In normal situations where the sensor device layout isn't that crazy (sorry, but it's really very non-typical to install 2 full-blown Aquaero devices in the same computer), that limitation isn't a big deal. Normally it's quite easy to figure out what reading comes from where, and you can then alter the sensor labels when you put the readings on a LCD device or SensorPanel or OSD Panel, etc.

2. How can I identify those temperature sensors?

Temperature 1 to 30 is not a good information.

3. On what aquero does they reside, on what connector on the auqaero?
Can I determine this?

Right now the only solution is to try and match them against the readings in Aquasuite.

4. What are those sensors that have a 50° value?

I think they are the sensors that where not connected. I#m right?
And why then 50°

AIDA64 doesn't process, interpret or convert the temperature readings, so that 50 Celius is what comes from the Aquaero device.  Aquasuite may have an internal logic to filter out non-connected thermal rails, but AIDA64 is a 3rd party software that may not be all that smart about knowing all the internal tricks of such complex sensor devices ;) We do our best to show only those readings that make sense, but when the device provides a 50 Celsius reading, that looks quite sensible, so AIDA64 will show it.

5. What is the “Water” Temperature?

Is it the ultimate sensor? If so, why can you determine this and not the other sensors?

Water temperature is a special reading that comes from an AquaStream device, and not from the Aquaero device.

6. The VRM temperatures are the aquerao 6 pro fan electronic modules temperature?

Why can you determine this?

Fan VRM temperature slots are named slots, and not just generic slots named like "soft temperature" or "virtual temperature".  They're different slots than the regular "Temperature #n" slots of Aquaero devices.

7. The auqaero 5 does not produce this information?

The sensor data that Aquaero 5 and 6 returns have the same layout, so both devices support fan VRM temperature slots. It's a whole different issue whether the actual device that you've got is capable of returning proper thermal readings in those slots or not. You need to refer to the spec sheet of your devices to figure out what they are capable of, what fields in the returned sensor data block is undefined for a certain device due to hardware limitations.

8. By displaying the flow rate there are 9 sensors available, why?

The sensor data block returned by Aquaero 5 and 6 devices have 14 flow sensor slots defined. Out those 14 slots apparently your device returns 9 readings that look sensible.

9. Three of the flow rate sensors displays the virtual flow rate from the pump (not measured), and the other one is the flow rate of the additional physical sensor. Why is the pump displayed three times?

AIDA64 reports the data as it comes from the Aquaero device. It's the responsibility of the Aquaero firmware to properly populate the flow rate slots with meaningful measurements. From our standpoint, being a 3rd party software, it would be very difficult to sort those readings out. In other words, we cannot decide which readings should be ignored, which ones may be duplicates of other ones, etc.  So given the complexity of Aquaero devices, we rather report every sensible readings as they come from the device, and not try to process the data to sort out the unnecessary bits.

10. By looking on the fill level sensors, there are 3 sensors available, all three sensors display the same value. Why?

There are actually 4 liquid level slots supported by Aquaero 5 and 6 :) And I'm afraid we have no idea why 3 of those show the same value. Aquasuite may have a trick to sort them out, but we don't have specific information on the nature of the trick behind this issue.

11. By displaying the rotational speed, here the pump rotation, there are three pumps available.

Same rotational speed because I have only one physical pump in my system.

Same as #10 ;)

I would give me a great pleasure to become explanation for these points.

Some of the quastions I have asked also Aquacomputer for explanation.
The short answer is, this you must ask AIDA, they read this information via USB out of our equipment.
The naming, sorting or whatever is the matter of AIDA.

They're not wrong about that :)

Regards,
Fiery