AIDA64 Discussion Forum
Petr Soucek

Primary network adapter

Hi Fiery,

In Computer -> Summary I see:

Network:
      Primary IP Address                                10.31.22.169
      Primary MAC Address                               00-FF-8F-4D-06-24
      Network Adapter                                   Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection
      Network Adapter                                   Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection  (192.168.1.19)
      Network Adapter                                   TAP-Windows Adapter V9  (10.31.22.169)

Why the VPN IP address is chosen as "Primary"? I'd suppose the "Primary IP Address" is the address of my network card and to be more specific, the address of the network interface that is used for connection to the Internet, i.e. with default route. In Network -> Routes:

--------[ Routes ]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Active                0.0.0.0          0.0.0.0      192.168.1.1  10   192.168.1.19 (Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection #2)

What do you think?

Best Regards,

Petr

Under modern Windows systems it could be quite a challenge to pick the actual primary network adapter. AIDA64 relies on Winsock to pick the primary network adapter, and then it will report its IP address. If it's not the IP address you're looking for, then I'm afraid it's not the fault of AIDA64. You can see all network adapters and their IP addresses (+ MAC addresses) on the Network / Windows Network page.

Regards,
Fiery