Monitoring and Asus Rampage V Edition 10

tistou77

Hello

Since some versions, the monitoring of the temperature #1 is indicated motherboard in parenthesis
It can be confusing and think that the temperature of the motherboard
I guess it's to differentiate with other temperatures on the external card (temperature #2, etc...), but maybe just the information for these latter would not suffice ?

Or the ability to change the name of the temperature (very simple to add as an option) right click => rename, eg

Thanks

The source of the reading is added because when you've got an external sensor device (e.g. Aquaero), it becomes tough to identify which temperature or fan reading comes from which device.  "Motherboard" in this case means the reading comes from a sensor chip integrated on the motherboard.

As for renaming, it's not planned for the Sensor page, since you can already do that with the OSD Panel, SensorPanel, LCD (etc).  It's not convenient to use the Sensor page for long term monitoring purposes.  It's there to let you have a quick overview of the values AIDA64 can measure. But in most cases you don't need all measurements, and/or want to rearrange or reformat the readings -- and that's where you would want to switch to using the mentioned AIDA64 modules (e.g. SensorPanel) instead.

Regards,
Fiery

Thanks for the explanation
It is not possible to add this "source of the reading" if an Aquaero or other is "detected" ?

I asked to rename because I do not use OSD Panel or other, but much the window of the "System Stability test" for test or windows of monitoring
And in my configuration, this temperature # 1 corresponds to the temperature of the water, and it is true that I would have preferred to indicated "WATER" or something like this

Thanks so much, works very well :)

And will there be any constraints to rename some sensor ? Because it must be "simple" to implant, no ?
And those who want to rename, rename and those who do not want to, leave as it is

Aida64 is really a great software, I only use this app, just this "renaming" that I find boring :) 

10 hours ago, tistou77 said:

Thanks so much, works very well :)

And will there be any constraints to rename some sensor ? Because it must be "simple" to implant, no ?
And those who want to rename, rename and those who do not want to, leave as it is

Aida64 is really a great software, I only use this app, just this "renaming" that I find boring :) 

No, renaming is not simple at all.  The main issue is that the Sensor page is not linked directly with the other hardware monitoring modules (e.g. OSD Panel, SensorPanel, External LCD, etc).  Hence what you can do with all the other hardware monitoring modules, you cannot do to the Sensor page.  But, you can switch to using the SensorPanel or OSD Panel anytime ;)  And with those you can rename and shuffle the readings any way you want.

6 minutes ago, Fiery said:

No, renaming is not simple at all.  The main issue is that the Sensor page is not linked directly with the other hardware monitoring modules (e.g. OSD Panel, SensorPanel, External LCD, etc).  Hence what you can do with all the other hardware monitoring modules, you cannot do to the Sensor page.  But, you can switch to using the SensorPanel or OSD Panel anytime ;)  And with those you can rename and shuffle the readings any way you want.

Ah ok, I thought it was simple to implement
Too bad, I'll leave like that.

If one day you decide to add this option :)

2 minutes ago, tistou77 said:

Ah ok, I thought it was simple to implement
Too bad, I'll leave like that.

If one day you decide to add this option :)

One day we'll get to joining the other hardware monitoring modules with the Sensor page, and use just a single module. That will simplify everything, and also will make it possible for you to rename or rearrange the readings on the Sensor page.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fiery said:

One day we'll get to joining the other hardware monitoring modules with the Sensor page, and use just a single module. That will simplify everything, and also will make it possible for you to rename or rearrange the readings on the Sensor page.

Good news

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 9:27 AM, Fiery said:

Hello

Still not planned ?

Thanks