Jump to content

phantom throttle and X299


Recommended Posts

On ‎01‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 2:43 PM, Fiery said:

Is phantom throttle different to "classic" throttling of Intel processors, dating back to Pentium II ?

I do not know at all, I do not have this platform yet.
It will be just the frequency that will fall on 1 or more cores and it will not be visible unless we have a monitoring on all the cores at the same time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎2017‎. ‎09‎. ‎04‎. at 7:31 PM, tistou77 said:

I do not know at all, I do not have this platform yet.
It will be just the frequency that will fall on 1 or more cores and it will not be visible unless we have a monitoring on all the cores at the same time

In case the core frequency of the individual CPU cores fluctuate, then AIDA64 already has got per-core frequency monitoring items for OSD Panel, SensorPanel, etc. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Fiery said:

In case the core frequency of the individual CPU cores fluctuate, then AIDA64 already has got per-core frequency monitoring items for OSD Panel, SensorPanel, etc. ;)

Ok thanks ;)

We must have OSD Panel or SensorPanel to view it
No warning message if frequency of one of the cores drops during stress

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tistou77 said:

Ok thanks ;)

We must have OSD Panel or SensorPanel to view it
No warning message if frequency of one of the cores drops during stress

You can also log the readings using the Logging facility, or have a Min/Max/Average of the values collected by the AIDA64 System Stability Test.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...